“Quiet and comfortable”

Quality Inn & Suites Peoria
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Peoria
Reviewed May 2, 2012

I went to Peoria to take an exam so I needed a quiet place to stay the night before. The Jameson Inn was recommended to me by someone who frequents Peoria. It was nice, the staff was friendly and helpful. But like others I had real troubles with the wireless internet. It came and went, never really worked. I spoke with the staff about this and was referred to a 800 number that must service all Jameson Inns. They were helpful, when they were available. The business computers
worked very well for what I needed to check.
But let's not hinge the entire stay on the internet. The bed was comfortable, the room quiet, and the breakfast was decent. I give it a "B".

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed May 1, 2012

Room was very used. The lighting was poor and the decor did not help cheer the room up. Depressing decor. Bathroom lighting poor. Just old and dingy. Bedding appeared clean. I did not like the big jucuzzi thing in the bedroom. The room smelled faintly of cigarette smoke.
Would not stay again.

Room Tip: I would try a room on upper floor, maybe those are not so used looking.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Lilacinspring1919
Reviewed April 16, 2012

I stayed here years ago, & it was just ok, so it has improved a lot. They have made a lot of updates, & they keep it very clean. It is close to many restaurants & shopping. The bad points were the beds were very uncomfortable - too hard for me, and the WiFi kept going down. I was there for business, & it was hard to get any work done in the evening. It also got noisy at times as the door didn't block a lot of hallway noise. Continental breakfast was ok - typical hotel fare & nothing spectacular.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 5, 2012

An immaculately clean and spacious room, and a very good location for everything we needed to see and do around Peoria. The staff were efficient and very friendly.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SallyD2011
Reviewed April 1, 2012

This was my first time staying at the Jameson Inn in Peoria. The outside of the hotel looks good and is near the Northwoods Mall and offers a free shuttle service.

Disappointments:

The free Wi-Fi went down and was down for over a day. Not a huge issue if you're not traveling on business but as I was there for work, it was huge. The desk clerk said that their internet provider had to order parts. As internet dependent as our society is, you would think that the provider would have back ups or spare parts on hand.

The breakfast. It was ok but the same every day. Belgian Waffles, Biscuits and Gravy, ( the biscuits were like rocks), muffins and pastry etc. No variety at all. The only healthy options were yogurt and instant oatmeal.

The room. When my wife was packing up the morning we were leaving, she found mouse droppings in the drawer and on our clothes.

The staff. Most of the staff was pleasant enough but they were not terribly engaging. My wife witnessed a couple of arguments between the staff members and a supervisor in the lobby. Not a professional way to handle a conflict.

When I need a hotel in Peoria, I'll look elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank CD1957
Reviewed March 31, 2012

We originally were scheduled at this hotel for six nights but left early. We left early because our room was not cleaned three days in a row. Apparently, if you are in your room during the hour when housekeeping comes through (roughly 8:30 to 9:30) your room will not be cleaned. Instead, we were left a sheet of paper directing us to call for shampoo if we needed it. On the second day when this happened after the maid had watched us leave the room, we were out of the room for 12 hours and the front desk clerk refused to give us fresh towels we left the the hotel the next morning. The bed in the room was stiff, old and the advertised pillow top was flat and old. The toilet did not flush well and the key cards inconsistently worked on the outside doors for us and other guests. The advertised business center had slow and clunky Internet access and a non functioning printer. We attempted to complain to hotel management but they were out of the hotel and unavailable for at least two days. We moved to the Comfort Inn across the street and were completely satisfied.

Room Tip: Stay at the Comfort Inn across the street. It is roughly in the same price range with similar amenit...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank CLH1313
Reviewed March 23, 2012

At first glance the outside may look a little dated, but the inside is new and clean. We had a large group 4 rooms total, and that was a lot of kids. I booked on hotwire and got a Amazing deal and even though I booked through them, the staff worked with us on our special needs. They made sure we got a handicap room, and the pack and plays we needed. Every person we met on staff from house keeping to pool maintenance made our stay great. The breakfast bar was good, typical waffle makers and yogurt with one hot item, but it is edible. The pool is wonderful and the hot tub is a bonus. Our only complaint was the bed was very very hard, made for longs nights. Otherwise this was a great find and we will use it again for our family meet ups in Peoria. On a plus note there is a fantastic restaurant in front of the hotel, called wildberrys, check it out, great food, but huge portions.. also there is a play park next to the hotel that is very convenient. Also check out the road house across the street Sams, good early bird deals.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family