“Wonderful Stay”

Red Roof Inn Peoria
Ranked #19 of 23 Hotels in Peoria
Reviewed July 23, 2014

I stay at Red Roof Peoria every year for my alone vacation. This time exceptional. Room very clean staff very helpful and friendly. Close to great restaurants where you can walk.When taking a break from visiting family sat in my room and enjoyed wifi and HBO,looking forward to staying again next year.

Room Tip: I like first floor near office because trees out front good view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
i0057, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Peoria, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your recent stay. I appreciate your comments regarding your stay. I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of the team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome. I am glad that you thought we were a nice and comfortable place. It will be even better next time as we are just starting to renovate.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

I had a wonderful stay at the Red Roof Inn in Peoria Il during my visit in June'2014. The room was clean and the staff was very friendly. The rate also was vey reasonable and when I asked if there had any cell phone charger in their lost and found that they could let me use, the front desk agent brought me a cell phone charger to my room. That was very nice of him to do so.

Room Tip: Non Smoking rooms might be quieter
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Ki H
i0057, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Peoria, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay here. Thank you for the kind words. We certainly appreciate your business. We look forward to your return stays with Red Roof Inns.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

This facility is better than the last Red Roof we stayed in. The bed is ok. But the room is dingy with poor lighting. The bathroom light hesitates before starting up. The bathroom door handle is broken. The ceiling fan is filthy and does nothing but add noise.

The woman next door must have hastily left back to St. Paul with her Pitt Bull since she left her door wide open, displaying her trashing of the room for all to see. I had to alert housekeeping staff about the wide open room so that squatters didn't set up camp for the night.

And the hotel apparently has a reputation for drug deals and worse. It's too gruesome to discuss. I guess that's why the evening manager absolutely looks terrified, hiding behind a glass bolted down safety area after certain hours. He said, "I can help you, over here." His voice sounded thing as it traveled through the very small opening in the glass configuration. It reminded me of somewhere that requires people to empty their pockets and slide the contents halfway into the small aluminum tray.

At least they had some protection for him. This place seriously needs security cameras so that they know what else is happening to their hotel. Same for the Red Roof in Indy. The room itself isn't bad but needs tweaking. The wifi kept cutting out. It couldn't handle Apple TV video; the internet radio kept working.

We're checking out a day early. No more Red Roof for us.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere. Red roof seriously needs security cameras in the last two RR hotels we will ever be...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank korb62
i0057, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Peoria, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

I am sorry to hear about your stay. We never want any guest to walk away from our property feeling they did not receive the best value and experience. Being a property with a few extra years to it we are always looking for ways to improve and keep our guest happy. We are getting ready for a complete renovation before the end of the year. The night check in area was designed by Red Roof Inn to keep our employees and guests safe during overnight hours when there isn't as much traffic. Thank you for letting us know about your room and will be looking into each situation. Sincerely, Amy Meiner, GM (309)685-3911 or i0057@redroof.com.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

During my trip to Des Moines and Peoria, we stayed at the Red Roof Inn and we had a very enjoyable stay. The room was very clean and the staff was very friendly. Nice landscaping outside the lobby area and all the staff that I interacted with were friendly. I would definitely stay here again during my next trip to peoria.

Room Tip: Not sure. This was our first stay.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Vaishali C
i0057, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Peoria, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this hotel while attending a local dog event. I love that they not only accept but welcome dogs! Rare these days! It is an older hotel, rooms not as updated as a different Red Roof I stayed at, but we had a ground floor room with fridge and microwave and huge screen TV...and green space for dog. Perfect for traveling with a pet. Clean and quiet. Coffee maker in room.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
i0057, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Peoria, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Thank you for your recent stay and taking the time to review it. We're pleased that you recognized us as a good value. We are getting ready to renovate later this year, so I hope you will come back to see us. Sincerely, Amy Meiner, GM (309)685-3911 or i0057@redroof.com.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

I don't need a lot of frills when I stay at a hotel. I like comfort and I like clean.

The first thing I did when I entered the room was take the "Green Notice Card" regarding changing sheets off of my pillow. The card had sticky. It had spilled liquid, probably soda, all over it. There was no way a housekeeper could have had that card in her hand and not notice how dirty it was. I was NOT happy that it was on my pillow. The bathroom could have been cleaner too.

There were only 2 towels, two wash cloths and 2 drinking cups in our room. We had to go to the office to get more towels before we could even shower.

So much for clean and comfortable. The room was inexpensive though.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
i0057, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Peoria, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

I am sorry to hear about your stay. We never want any guest to walk away from our property feeling they did not receive the best value and experience. I have addressed this with my staff in order to prevent any future recurrences. I hope you will come back and give us another chance. Sincerely, Amy Meiner, GM (309)685-3911 or i0057@redroof.com

Reviewed March 25, 2014

The room was clean, the bed was comfy, and the location was very convenient to lots of shopping and the expressway. It's an older hotel but it seems to be well-maintained. Good value! I will stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
i0057, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Peoria, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Thank you for your recent stay and taking the time to review it. We're pleased that you recognized us as a good value. We're looking forward to your next stay with Red Roof Inn.
Sincerely, Amy Meiner, GM (309)685-3911 or i0057@redroof.com