“A Less than Grand Experience”

Travelodge Peoria Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Peoria
Chicago, Illinois
“A Less than Grand Experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

I expected more from this hotel. I thought I was someplace other than Peoria. I grew up in I was in town for my high school reunion in June. I grew up in Peoria and always enjoy returning to my hometown because of the friendliness and warmth of Peorians. This place made me feel like I was an intruder and that warmth and friendliness was experienced everywhere in town except for the Grand Hotel & Conference Center. The guy at the front desk was just short of rude and even stop in the midst of our check-in to give street directions to other patrons already being assisted by other staff. He made us feel that we were a bother, rambled through explaining the complimentary breakfast and other aspects of the hotel.. and even how to get to our room. The room was adequate but the air seemed stale. We only got the complementary coffee the first night. I was truly disappointed with the service, the amenities and the quality of the room. I can say that the breakfast was pretty good and the location was great but overall, the Grand Hotel in my opinion is anything but grand.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FScruggs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

Very nice hotel . I was impressed with how clean this hotel was. The staff was friendly and helpful. Check in was quick . My room and bathroom were very clean and comfortable.
Pool is clean and always fun and the Pool towels always available . Housekeeping does a excellent cleaning job. Breakfast is very good . Loved all the breakfast choices. They even have cereal and milk . Only wished that they provided a High chair for families with toddlers at breakfast time . There are plenty of tables and chairs . There are snack machines ,pool tables, video game arcade and a toy machine with the claw to win a toy . All cost money but are fun .
Great family friendly hotel.

Room Tip: Main floor is Awesome , clean .
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank julie s
Muncie, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

When we first walked in we thought it was going to be a pretty nice place but when we walked into our room it was musty smelling and very humid. I turned up the air but it never cooled off, I thought I would try and call down to the front desk to complain but the phone didn't even work! The carpet was very dirty and there were no trash can's anywhere in the room. I looked in the fridge and it was dirty, I would have never put anything in there. Everything about that place was disgusting! Thank God it was just for one night, the only reason we stayed there to begin with was because everything was booked that night and we got tired of driving around and calling and this was the last resort! We would have been better off sleeping in our car!

Room Tip: very bad experience so I can't give any good tips!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Debbie C

Travelers are raving about these Peoria hotels

Kankakee, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2014

I recently stayed at the Grand Hotel and found it to be clean and comfortable. The staff were all friendly and willing to help in any way needed. I think that the rates for staying at this hotel are reasonable and make the experience one of value. I will stay there again when I am in Peoria.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

I frequently stay at the Grand Hotel in Peoria. From the minute you walk in the front door, the friendly staff do everything they can to make you feel at home. The atrium is beautifully decorated with lots of foliage and that inviting indoor pool. The rooms are clean and they are constantly making improvements on the decor. Everyone from the front desk staff to housekeepers to maintenance to the bartender and even management always take time to say hello and make you feel welcome. Overall, it's just an awesome place to stay.

Room Tip: The hotel has both smoking and pet friendly rooms. Interior rooms tend to be warmer in the winter.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank whiskey2050
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

I have been to The Grand Hotel & Conference Center Peoria several times for quite a few years off and on and it has "always" been a very awesome and great experience! I cannot even begin to say how much I value the owner, assistant manager, as well as all other staff at the front desk, the young lady in the restaurant, the restaurant in-kitchen staff, the maintainance staff, and housekeeping staff and everyone else at The Grand Hotel for their constant attention of thougthfulness, caring, and genuine interest in me and for all their many other guests that stay here at The Grand Hotel. Some of the staff, at the front desk are no longer here but when they were here they were excellent employees as well as the current staff that work here are excellent employees! The Grand Hotel tries to meet all of your requests and honor your privacy which means especially a lot to me I have stayed here off and on for a long time. The staff at The Grand Hotel seem to always have time to speak with you for whatever reason which is so greatly appreciated especially by me. The Grand Hotel is "pet friendly" "as well" "which" "is" "so very important" "as" "your" "pets" "are" "members" "of" "your" "family" and "are" "treated" that way at The Grand Hotel!
If you would like to stay at a caring, lovely, great place, with great staff, please stay at The Grand Hotel-you will be happy you chose The Grand Hotel.

Room Tip: Feel free to ask the staff what you wish about what room type you would prefer. If you have a lovel...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank 320Kathy
Huntley, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

I have never stayed in such a disgusting place. I dont know what was worse, the blood stained mattresses, the POOP on the walls, the pubic hair all over the bathroom, the brown water coming out of the facet, the green and black MOLD stains on the ceiling, the parts of the ceiling falling down, or the left overs of a drunken party in the lobby the next day. On top of that 3 kids vomited in the pool and 2 pooped in the pool and no one bothered to do a thing. The rooms were ICE cold and took 2 hours to warm up to where you werent shivering, the staff was rude and made it very obvious they could care less.
My next step is the Health Department!!!!!

Room Tip: Stay in your car
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family