“Never Again!”

Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Peoria
Kansas City, Missouri
“Never Again!”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Stayed here 1 night with my family as we were here for a family reunion. We checked out early as my husband and I didn't feel safe here with our children.. Alot of unruly kids in the pool that over took the pool with no adult supervision when I went to the Front Desk to complain they said there wasn't nothing they could do... The lock didn't work on our door..Again called the front desk they said they would send up maintenance no one ever showed up so I took the desk chair and put in front of the door..Room was ok but carpet and chair in desperate need of cleaning my daughters white socks were black on the bottom from walking in the room. Needed extra towels stopped someone I assume was the housekeeping manager in the hallway asked for extra she said she couldn't bring any but I could go down to the front desk and get some so went down to the front desk and they said they didnt have any..Hotels with 3 towels in a room for 4 people. So the next morning we checked out early and went to another hotel for the remainder of our stay for less than 10 dollars more a night what a difference will never return...

Room Tip: a tip for a room...go somewhere else!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Lynnette W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Rock Island, Illinois
Reviewed September 14, 2012

My family stayed at this hotel for a night after a high school football game. The staff was extremely friendly and hospitable. I noticed some not so positive reviews and was concerned. I was pleasantly surprised when I checked into the hotel and so the reviews were rather harsh. If you are expecting a newly renovated hotel with updated decor, you would need to pay much more than we did per night. If you are looking for a good location and a pool with decor that is just a bit dated this is a good value for your dollar. There is a bar and restaurant on site which was a plus. The hot tub was not working, but the pool area had game room and some pool tables which kept our teen agers busy. All in all a good stay.

Room Tip: They have smoking and non smoking rooms. If you do not care for dogs make sure you are not on the f...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank susietravelagent
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

You know you are in for an "experience" when every hotel in Peoria is booked...except one hotel. It was late winter and it was something like -30 out but even with that my room probably should have had a window instead of an ice sheet. The bedding was something straight out of a bates motel catalog and my favorite part was the workout bedroom! It had a hug tv but it was literally a room that had the bed removed and an elliptical added! Overall though I knew what i was getting into before arriving so when the free breakfast was not that tasty and the free coffee was burnt folgers There is no need to complain. I got what I paid for and unfortunately I didn't have any other choices! I will say that the fellas at the front desk were rocking awesome and definitely good folk!

• Stayed February 2012
3 Thank ILikeCheckingBags

Travelers are raving about these Peoria hotels

Bloomington, Illinois
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We checked in everyone was friendly. Our room was clean the pool was really nice 4-8 feet this hotel was a lot better than what most reviews say on here.. It is what you pay for and for 60 a night I can't complain at all

Room Tip: We have a ire of the pool from our room smoking is only on 3rd floor
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Even though this is a conference center it is very family friendly. Needs a little upgrading but for the most it is a great value if you get the room saver rate.Not worth full price. A breakfast is included with the stay which is average. The lobby is big and roomy. The staff is great and very helpful. A lot goes on here so if you want quietness it's not the place. But a good night sleep is available. We stay here when we visit our son so we are not in the hotel that much, but when we are the grandson can run all over the place. The restaurant is just okay but lots of places to eat around. It really needs an updated makeover.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank perfecttraveler
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We stayed over one night on our way to Iowa and were assured we could get the same rate if we came back. (It certainly is not worth the full price; not real clean or updated) We came back and they would not give us the same rate as promised so we left and found much nicer accomodations and a better price across the street.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jodsterlee
Naperville
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Returning to my room at 6:45pm after work I was faced with an unmade bed and towels on the floor as I left them. When I called the front desk to inform them of housekeeping not addressing my room; I was faced with the night supervisor (Peter) telling me there was no one from housekeeping to clean my room and I could come to the desk and get towels. I responded by stating "so your telling me I'm just [--] out of luck, my room is not going to be cleaned." I went on to tell him that it was unacceptable and why should I have to come get towels instead of towels being brought to me. He informed me again that no one was going to bring me anything! I asked for his supervisor name and the name of who supervise the supervisor. He gave his supervisor name (Roger) but failed to give the other. I went to the desk to get the general manager card and Peter approaches me stating he didn't appreciate my language on the phone. My mouth dropped!! What language I asked? He stated I used profanity towards him and threaten to kick me out of the hotel! REALLY!!!! I informed him what was stated was "I'm [--] out of luck" that is not profanity towards you and your customer service is unacceptable. He made it obvious that it is acceptable for a manager to behave that way for him to be so bold with disregarding that fact that I'm a customer that did not get the service that was paid for!!! Don't Risk the Horrible Stay and Disrespect.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business