“In need of cleaning and updating!”

Travelodge Peoria Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #21 of 23 Hotels in Peoria
New Lenox, Illinois
“In need of cleaning and updating!”
Reviewed June 8, 2011

As a business traveler, I found this hotel not only very outdated as far as the furnishings, but the covers on the bed actually had stains and burn marks on them. It was disgusting. I felt creepy and dirty in this bed. The room looked like no one had vacuumed anywhere but the center of the room. This was rated as a 3 star hotel. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank aceit925
GM61614, General Manager at Travelodge Peoria Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, July 6, 2011
Thank you so much for sharing your comments. Your concerns were shared with the staff and will help us to further improve our service. We are currently implementing new top-of-bed items, linens and some soft goods. We hope that you will consider using us again in the future. When making your next reservation, please contact me (General Manager) directly to ensure everything is uneventful and to your satisfaction.

Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Muncie, Indiana
Reviewed May 23, 2011

There were no issues with this hotel. We stayed in the lower Level, but this was great. We could keep track of our group and not worry about 15- 20 teen boys roaming around like in the pool area. The hotel staff was very helpful. At times the desk was busy but all in all this was a decent stay, the breakfast was just fine with good seating for groups. THE ROOM WAS A ROOM nothing fancy , yes, maybe a bit dated but I am picky about clean and these were clean. If your gonna live in a room maybe this is not for you, but if you staying for a few days its worth it. Location is great. ...Pillows seemed a bit weak, you may want to double up on pillows.. I compared them to rolled up tube socks..

• Stayed May 2011
Illinois
Reviewed April 22, 2011

Stay here 2-3 times a year and the staff is always very pleasant, free hot buffet breakfast is pretty good, and rooms are usually clean. Hotel, especially rooms, are outdated and need some maintenance, but the breakfast, friendliness and price can't be beat.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 4, 2011

has mold in the room got a call from asst general mgr said he would email and call me never did. said he could not help me because i was a trip advisor customer i reminded him it was mold said he would give me a certificate for a nights stay and would send it to my house i from out of town and would never stay threr again did not email or call. mold mold and mold sad

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank 33celtics

Travelers are raving about these Peoria hotels

Champaign, ILlinois, USA
Reviewed March 13, 2011

I just stayed in this hotel last weekend and I would not recommend it to my worst enemy! The man behind the desk was unfriendly, unprofessional, and didn't give any information about rooms, which elevator to use, etc. There was also no manager in house to speak with. The first room we got was in the basement and reeked of mildew and smoke. We requested another, and this room had blood stains on the box springs. I actually felt uncomfortable laying my 9 month old on the bed without one of our personal blankets under her. There is only 1 elevator that goes to each tower, so it takes FOREVER to get up to your room w/out using the stairs. My toddler liked the pool, but the heating unit was falling off of the wall near the pool with wires poking out (CLEARLY unsafe!). The breakfast was poor....stale...and not worth it. Please spend the extra money somewhere else, its well worth it!! I'll be checking for bed bugs for weeks to come....

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
O'Fallon, Illinois
Reviewed January 17, 2011

I don't see what all the fuss is about. Yes, the hotel is a little dated, but we stayed here and found the hotel to be just fine. Our room was big and quiet and met our needs. We found the staff to be polite and helpful. The breakfast was fine ( a little carb overloaded, but most hotel breakfasts are). We didn't use the pool area, but saw kids playing and having a ball. As for some of the other problems listed in other reviews, the parking lot lights were on and bright, our room was toasty warm as was the lobby/pool area, the coffeemaker worked, the shower was hot and the water was clear. This is not a 4 star hotel, but it isn't rated as one.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 9, 2011

This hotel, formerly the Holiday Inn Brandywine and later the Ramada was not even on our radar when we came into town to visit reletives. We stumbled on it because of our horrific experience at the Sleep inn and suites 1 block away. I travel for a living and spend 15 nights a month in hotels and the Sleep Inn and Suites in Peoria is by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. Anyway, after one terrible night at the sleep inn, we decided to look elsewhere. For giggles, I stopped by the Grand to see what they offered. The quoted rate of 45 a night was interesting enough to go check out a room. I looked at room 116 and 114, just beside the front desk and was pleasantly surprised, Newer furnishings, new bedspreads, clean carpets, nothing dirty or unkempt at all. The front desk staff was very courteous, cleaning lady the same, and all went out of our way to make sure we had a good stay. Workout room was small but had one treadmill, eliptical, stepper and bike. All machines were clean and all worked as advertised. Continental breakfast was small but better than the Sleep Inn and there was always plenty. Only drawback was the the mattresses were worn out, no support, felt like laying on a double stacked marshmellow. Now admittedly, the hotel is older, has had a string of failed ownerships in the past and one wonders about its longevity but based on our experience and the room we stayed in , it was positive.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family