“Dirty and scary!!!!”

Baymont Inn & Suites Peoria
Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Peoria
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Staff was rude, non-smoking room smelled like smoke ( the cleaning people were smoking in room) and dirty. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!

Stayed for a softball tournament, we were not in the room very much. Thank God.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank twinSoftballmom
Baymont Inn P, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Peoria, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2015

Thank you so much for your review. I am extremely sorry to hear that you had multiple issues during your stay. Please be assured that we have taken measures that the next guest should not face the same problems.

There are newer reviews for Baymont Inn & Suites Peoria

Reviewed June 22, 2012

Not the easiest hotel to get to, better directions on the web site would be a great help. An older hotel in need of minor repair eg. the front of the a/c unit fell off when I turned it on. The staff was friendly. The hotel was full and they ran out of some items on the hot breakfast bar. The beds and the rooms were comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank you for your review. I am glad and disappointed for your mixed experience. We strive to deliver our Hometown Hospitality to make sure that your stay should be pleasant. We have failed to provide that in your case. I am extremely sorry for your experience.
Again, I am sorry for your experience during your stay but I sincerely hope that you will give us another try to change your experience.

Reviewed June 11, 2012

My sister and her kids were in town for a function and needed a last minute place to stay for the night. After reading through some comments about Baymont Inn & Suites in Peoria, and looking at the photos, I recommended they try it out. It was inexpensive (warning sign) and close to where they were at the time. When they checked into their room, her son pulled back the sheets to find something that looked like someone had blown their nose on the sheets and covered it back up! Needless to say, she contacted the front desk and was given another room. They hauled everything to the next room only to pull back the cover on a bed to find a rolled up, soiled sheet under the covers. The other bed had what looked like boot marks across it!
How do these places stay open? How many horrible comments will it take for these hotel managers to take responsibility for horrible conditions! My sister packed her kids in her car and drove 2 hours home, exhausted, instead of staying in this despicable place! I can only advise people and you are on your own if you risk staying here! If I could give any lower ratings than "Terrible", I would!!!!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel to choose a good room! This place is pathetic!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank AnneInPeoria

Thank you for your review. I am extremely sorry to hear that you did not have a good stay with us. Please be assured that we have taken measures that the next guest should not face the same problems.
Thank you once again for bringing the problems to our attention and we hope that you will forgive us by giving us another chance during your next visit to the Peoria area to change your impression.

Reviewed June 6, 2012

I stayed at the hotel from 5/31-6/4, I was a little skeptical about staying there after reading the reviews, but decided to take a chance. I must say that I have nothing negative to say about the hotel. The staff are very nice, and take time to satisfy their guests needs. We were allowed to check in at 1:00pm, and when we got to our room, it was clean and spacious. We needed more towels and wanted a microwave and refrigerator, we called down to the front desk, and they met our request right away. The free hot breakfast was very good, and I'm talking, hot waffles, sausage, eggs, and more. The hotel was full, and there was many kids staying in the hotel, but we were not disturbed by any noise, as when we checked in, we were put on the third floor so we wouldn't be disturbed, I thought this was very thoughtful of the staff. The hotel is located in a very good area where there are restaurants, a mall, target, walmart, and such within 5 minutes. The hotel is right behind the mall. Overall my stay was great, and I would stay at this hotel again, and also recommend it to friends going to the area. Thank you staff at Baymont inn, you did a wonderful job satisfying this guest and her family.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write such kind words for Baymont Inn and Suites of Peoria IL. I will let our team know about the positive feedback that you had about them. We are extremely glad that you made good memories during your stay with us.

Reviewed June 2, 2012

Getting in late in the afternoon, and will a desire to go out for dinner, we realized that all we wanted was a clean room, an inexpensive price, and a good night’s rest. We found them all at the Baymont Inn in Peoria. The Inn is a little hard to find, but the signs along the roadway lead you there conveniently. It is sort of hidden away behind the Northwoods Mall at the North Sterling exit on I-74.

This Baymont is an older motel that was remodeled in 2010, and this makes it a great buy. The lobby is impressive, and the rooms though relatively small, are more than adequate for two people for overnight. We were in room 241 facing west, and this was nice as the sun moved toward the horizon.

An added plus is the fact you are right next to a number of restaurants in and around the mall area. With our request for a recommendation of a good place to eat the clerk quickly pulled out a map showing the location of a number of places to eat nearby. Our favorite for the evening proved to be Biaggi’s Italian, recommended by the clerk. It was a great recommendation and is reviewed in another report.

Room Tip: Second floor, west side, room 241 was a good choice for us. When you get off the interstate and t...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for your review. We are happy that you found value in your stay. Thank you so much for giving a pat on the back for our staff. I am extremely glad to know that we were able to deliver our Hometown Hospitality during your stay.
We look forward for another satisfying trip during your next stay with us!

Reviewed May 27, 2012

We stayed here during Memorial Day weekend while attending a family reunion. The staff was courteous and very helpful. If this hotel was run by this staff, I'm convinced it would be a great establishment. Unfortunately, the hotel is extremely understaffed.

We had the queen mini-suite. Set-up was nice ---- 2 Queen beds, 2 rooms (without doors), 2 bathrooms. Great idea for a family. Our bed was not good ---- big soft spot in the middle of the mattress, the other queen bed was OK. The carpeting was obviously old and so was the bathroom. Both were clean and manageable.

The breakfast was as good as it could be with 2 people trying to man the front desk and the breakfast area. At one point, the fuse blew and that meant no waffles, microwave, or toaster. It was fixed, but still a distraction.

Overall, I wouldn't stay here again. There were 2 Mariott hotels in the immediate area and I would stay at one of those instead. Again, the staff should be commended for the amount of work they had to do. The manager should be replaced.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Janine K

Thank you for your review. I am extremely glad to know that we were able to deliver our Hometown Hospitality during your stay but seems like we fell short of your expectations.

Reviewed May 18, 2012

I currently live in Houston, Tx, and just made a 4 day long trip to Peoria, to look for an apartment, since I'll be moving there soon. To be perfectly honest, I only booked the hotel because it was the only place where I could find an available room for the dates that I was spending in Peoria, but I was pleasantly surprised! Granted, it's not a 5 star hotel, but it is very clean, and nice. The beds are comfortable, and the bathroom clean. They also have a small workout room and a clean pool.
I was a little bit concerned when I found out that my room was on the first floor, and that my door was right in front of the parking lot, because I traveled alone, and I was not sure if it was safe enough; but I did not have a problem at all. Not only the hotel is very quiet (no noisy guests bothering me), but I found out from my real estate agent that it's located in a very safe neighborhood. I even walked to the mall (which is very close to the hotel), to have dinner twice (they don't have a restaurant in the hotel, so you have to either go out for food, or you can have something delivered).
The best thing about the hotel is the staff. Everyone was so nice, friendly and helpful. They were always asking how everything was, and trying to find a way to help out with all of my needs. They even helped me get to the airport on time the day that I checked out, after the taxi driver that I had called the day before stood me up; and even though I checked up before 5 am, and breakfast wasn't ready yet (they serve breakfast from 6-9 am), they let me in the breakfast room to eat something (I had yogurt and fruit). They also had free internet connection in every room (I recently made a trip to North Carolina, stayed at a 4 star hotel and had to pay $12 a day to use the internet). I definitely recommend the Baymont Inn Hotel and Suites in Peoria.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to write such kind words for Baymont Inn and Suites of Peoria IL. Our team gets inspired by such encouraging words.
We look forward to see you again during your next visit to Peoria area!