“Room good but Breakfast lousy”

Baymont Inn & Suites Peoria
Ranked #13 of 23 Hotels in Peoria
Dieterich
“Room good but Breakfast lousy”
Reviewed February 8, 2012

Baymont Inn & Suites Peoria, IL was good room wise except for the refrigerator it worked when we put things in it but by next morning everything was warm. Complained to desk clerk and she stated that maintenance must have plugged in to wrong outlet, checked out and sure enough it was plugged into an outlet that was on a switch so when went to bed turned off lights refrigerator went off also. That is poor maintenance.
The other thing is when we went to breakfast there was very little food out and orange juice was water with it overflowiing onto floor so that was wet. This was at 8am. Went down at 9am and still not much food. Stop and asked desk clerk what was going on and she stated she was only attendant there on a Sunday morning and she was trying to maintain breakfast, maintenance, housekeeping and work the front desk. This is poor management. I would n't go back to this particular hotel because not enough staff on Sunday. Clerk was doing the best she could under circumstances. Very poor management.

Room Tip: Suite was excellent 2 rooms put together, 2 baths, 2 tvs and space to stretch out instead of laying...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Becky W
Baymont Inn P, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Peoria, responded to this review, September 28, 2015
Thank you for your review.. I am extremely sorry to hear that you had multiple issues during your stay.We will take your suggestions and implement to correct the deficiencies.
Thank you once again for bringing the problems to our attention and we hope that you will forgive us by giving us another chance during your next visit to the Peoria area to change your impression.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
blythevill
Reviewed February 3, 2012

My experiences at the Baymont was great with everything. Friendly and excellent service. New bed,clean room everything was great. I liked the location due to very very little road noise it was peacful. The rooms are quite you don't have to worry about hearing the next door people or the the TV late at nite and thats always a plus. I would stay there again with out a daut. Thanks for the stay.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write such kind words for Baymont Inn and Suites of Peoria IL. I will let our team know about the positive feedback that you had about them. We are extremely glad that you made good memories during your stay with us.
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Peoria hotels are often all sold out. Or they have a few remaining rooms at full rack rate which is really unfair if you qualify for a discounted rate...AAA, corporate, etc. So, if you plan on staying in this area, plan ahead.
As for the Baymont, you get what you pay for. It was the only hotel with rooms left the night I was stranded. The hotel is worn. My room was a suite on the 3rd floor with an interior entrance/first 2 floors have exterior entrances. The elevator had a worn, very dirty rug. I had to return my left-overs to the cold car trunk because the refrigerator was warm and moldy. Dried blood was on the corner of my bed sheet. No sign of bed bugs. Just felt like hotel needed a makeover. The breakfast included cereal, yogurt and even a waffle-maker. About a cup size container showed signs of eggs, but it was not refilled while I was there. Only one person seemed to work at the desk at a time and you do need to stand in line to check-out. The lady in front of me was quite mad about the things that did not work in her room. She had very wet hair and was asking for a functioning hair-dryer.
To summarize: tired hotel, but okay if nothing else.

Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. I am extremely sorry to hear that you did not have a good stay with us. . I am extremely sorry to hear that you had multiple issues during your stay. Please be assured that we have taken measures that the next guest should not face the same problems.

Travelers are raving about these Peoria hotels

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed January 26, 2012

On my business trip to Peoria....

It was early August, 2011 around Midnight (with flight missed from Chicago), reached Peoria Airport and found enteir Airport vaccant. Luckly we had Baymont van and its driver waiting for us. Checkin was cool & quick, settled into the room -- with comfortable bed...had no issues of sleep.

Overall the hotel has good staff, bed and decent breakfast counter. stayed for 15 days and had almost homely feeling...!! WILL DO GO BACK AGAIN..!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. I am extremely glad to know that we were able to deliver our Hometown Hospitality during your stay. Thank you so much for giving a pat on the back for our staff.
We look forward to see you again during your next visit to Peoria area.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed January 12, 2012

All the staff went above and beyond what would be expected; was offered by one staff member for a ride to the hospital day or night, the owner offered to stop on the way from the airport to get food and brought some food when arrived at the hotel before taking me to the hospital at 10 p.m. The owner inquired about the health of my daughter and when I cancelled the duration of my stay due to change in circumstances, they were very gracious and refunded all my money and then gave me a ride to the hospital after I was no longer a hotel guest. I would stay again at this hotel without hesitation and commend their customer service in a world where little is to be found.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Thank you for your review. I am extremely satisfied to know that our staff went above and beyond your expectations to make your stay comfortable.
Thank you once again and we look forward to see you soon!
Naperville, Illinois
Reviewed January 4, 2012

I often stay at the Baymont when travel permits me to be in Peoria. The staff ia ffreindly and the manger goes out of his way to accomdate you if any problems should arise. The beds are very comfortable and the rooms are clean. Love the biscuits and gravy.

Room Tip: I prefer the third floor, no overhead noise from people.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We are extremely happy to hear that you were satisfied with your expectations during your stay at the Baymont Inn and Suites of Peoria IL.
We look forward for another satisfying trip during your next stay with us!
Burlington, IA
Reviewed December 9, 2011

The Manager and staff were absolutey wonderful !!! Very Helpful when we needed extra rooms. REad reviews below about bedbugs....saw absolutely NO evidence of that. Very clean and comfortable bed and rooms. Great breakfast the next morning. Will stay at this place again in a minute !!!
PLUS, one of the gals in our group left an expensive coat under the bed, when she contacted the staff a few days later the maid had actually turned it in !!! Honesty is definitely a wonderful policy at the Baymont Inn.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends