Baymont Inn & Suites Peoria
Super 8 Peoria(Peoria)(Great Value!)
$62
$160
$95
Quality Inn & Suites Peoria(Peoria)(Great Value!)
$71
$49
$109
$105
Orbitz.com
All reviewsoutdoor poolroom was cleanbiscuits and gravynorthwoods mallshopping mallhot breakfastpleasant staybagelshome away from homefront desk clerkthe breakfast areakateravigpsaccommodationsmicrowaveshuttle
Reviewed June 15, 2011

What a total nightmare this has turned out to be! My family and I booked a week stay at the baymont hotel in Peoria, il for June 13 through June 23, 2011. When we arrived in our room, the owner of the hotel imeditaly came in and told us to move rooms to the one next door. He claimed the beds werent ready and a chair was out of place. The room looked cleaned and ready to me but we went ahead and moved rooms per his request. The other room appeared to be clean and comfortable as well. Until we got a closer look. The phones didn't work, the remote for the tv didn't work, there was hairs in the bathtub and the toilet started over flowing! the staff addressed our problems promptly. Then the real nightmare began. I found a bed bug under my pillow! Upon inspecting the room we found bed bugs in the nightstands and behind the mounted headboards! The desk clerk claimed she has never heard a complaint about bed bugs here but offered to move our rooms. It was after midnight and we had a lot of luggage and belongs so that was our only option. After inspecting that room we found nothing so we went to sleep. The next morning I wok to find yet another one on top of my sheet! At this point we contacted the owner about the nasty problem he's got going on here. He claimed to not be aware of this issue. And said he'll move us to the top floor and have the room fully inspected and have our belongings washed and thoroughly checked for bugs. And he said he won't charge us for our stay. Then later told us he'll give us 3 free nights. It has been nothing but hell since we got here, but since we have pets and a lot of belongings (were relocating and have all our belongings in boxes) were stuck. We waited over 3 hours before we were moved out of the bug infested room. Our new room is clean and so far bug free, but our stuff is spread everywhere between 3 different rooms. They washed our clothes and ruined them turning the whites grey! And just threw them back
in the suitcases unfolded and inside out. Were sill waiting on the rest of our stuff and it's going on day two. This morning the owner told us the room were staying in now, has been
previously booked and we have to leave by the weekend. We now have to rent another uhaul to move our boxes and spend the next 2 days doing it all over again. I am furious how discusting this hotel is and how my family and I have been treated. Don't stay here I urge you!! This bed bug problem is and epedimec here and they don't care. They may have changed the beds and painted but the need a professional to treat this problem. These bugs live everywhere here not just the beds. The owner has snapped at me a few times and hasn't followed through with his promises except by putting us in a clean room, which he is now kicking us out of. I intend to spread the word about this place in hopes that no one will ever have to endour an experience like we have.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Scaredhotelguest
Baymont17800, Director of Sales at Baymont Inn & Suites Peoria, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2011

We had the company that handles our pest control needs come and inspect these rooms. We also had them inspect the rooms above, below, and on the sides of these rooms. This issue has been addressed and corrected. Bed Bugs are found all across the country in big and small hotels. They are transported to the hotels by other guests and do not just appear one day. We have also been informed of a new program that you can use a new spray that will keep you free of these pest for 90 days. We are going to implement this program right away and have all our rooms sprayed every 90 days with this new process. We will continue to use all our resources to make sure we are pest free.

Reviewed April 20, 2011

We had booked the Baymont for 3 nights, because most of the hotels in town were already full. Our room was OK, but had some major flaws due to lack of maintenance. For example, the bathroom door had big globs of paint hanging from it, and the phone didn't work. When we realized we needed to stay another night, we talked to the front desk attendant who said, "No problem, we'll reserve another night for you." (There wasn't anything else available in town). At the end of our stay, we saw that they charged us more for the 4th night than for the first 3 nights. When we questioned the manager about the difference in rates, he told us that's just the way it was. We explained how unhappy we were with the increased rate, especially considering the lack of phone service. He told us he didn't care, and didn't need our business. How rude and unprofessional! We'll NEVER stay there again!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank andante51
Baymont17800, Director of Sales at Baymont Inn & Suites Peoria, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2011

I'm really sorry for your issue and encourage you to report everthing to the front desk when the issue arises. It is our policy if you report an issue and we can't correct it we will give you a 100% refund. All our rates do vary based on length of stay and demand. I encourage all our customers to let us know how we are doing. We use all feed back to continue to improve our services to meet all our customers needs.

Reviewed February 3, 2011

First of all, this this was the first time in Peoria, Il. I looked up all of the hotels in Peoria and read all the reviews,. The Baymont as well as the others all had good and bad reviews. I selected the Baymont and was very impressed with the service, helpful staff and all added modern amenities.The staff was very kind and helpful ( Mohan, Paomilaben, Ravi ) My room was cleaned every day by a husband and wife who worked for the hotel for over five (5 ) years and they could not be more helpful. The pool area was very clean and the pool was heated even though it was the Memorial Day Weekend which is the start of pool season. Met alot of wonderful guests around the pool. The location is near the Northwoods Mall, with restaurants and bars very close. I felt very secure and safe for the 3 days that I was there. They even have shuttle service that will drive and pick you up wherever you want to go. They will even drive you to Par-A-Dice Casino which is about 15 minutes from the hotel.
I was very impressed especially with the staff and will be back there again this May.

Cheryl Ann Schmidt
Chicago, IL

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cheryl6105
Baymont Inn P, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Peoria, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2015

Thank you so much for your review. It is very fulfilling to see a guest enjoying the stay and making good memories. We are in Hospitality industry and that is our job. I am extremely glad to know that we were able to deliver our Hometown Hospitality during your stay.

We look forward to see you again!

Reviewed February 2, 2011

I was very pleased with my stay at the Baymont. It was the lowest priced hotel (not motel) that I could find in Peoria. Upon checking in, the front desk attendant upgraded our room to a suite for free. My friends and I originally booked a double bed room, but we were upgraded to a four bed suite, so we each had our own bed. The breakfast the next morning was great - the best complimentary breakfast I've seen. They had make your own waffles, biscuits and gravy, pastries, muffins, cereal, yogurt, fruit, and everything else you would expect from a breakfast bar. The conference we were attending was across town and across the river, and the hotel offered a complimentary shuttle throughout the day/night. The staff were also very friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone that needs a nice, but inexpensive place to stay in Peoria.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank JackieM21

Thank you for your review. We are happy that you found great value in your stay. . I am extremely glad to know that we were able to deliver our Hometown Hospitality during your stay.
Thank you once again and we look forward to see you during your next trip!

Reviewed August 13, 2010

We stayed here for one night as it was the halfway point between our home in Virginia and Rapid City, SD. For a very reasonable price we booked a "suite," which is actually only two adjoining rooms, but there are two bedrooms, two bathrooms, and two vanity areas, which is great for families with children. There was no refrigerator, and the carpet wasn't as clean as I would have liked, but a little carpet grime is fairly typical of basic one-night hotels along the Interstate. The staff was friendly, the beds were comfortable, the bathrooms were clean, and the breakfast was adequate. What else could we ask for after 800 miles of driving that day? As other contributors have noted, the hotel is a bit hard to get to. You can see it immediately upon exiting the Interstate, but you have to make a U-turn and go through a shopping mall to access it. GPS was sending us in circles, so ignore the GPS and do exactly what your printed reservation confirmation says and you will get there more quickly.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank leesvillelake

Thank you for taking the time to write such kind words for Baymont Inn and Suites of Peoria IL. Our team gets inspired by such encouraging words.
Thank you once again and we look forward to see you during your next trip!