“Amazing service”

Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Peoria
Illinois
“Amazing service”
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a concert in May. Check in was fast and friendly. Plenty of free parking and within walking distance of the Peoria Civic Center. We received 2 free drink coupons each at the bar downstairs, very nice setting. Bed was comfortable. Bath and body works in the bathroom. Breakfast was delicious and we went down 20 minutes before they were done serving. Cooked to order omelets and waffles and a nice selection of buffet style food that was all fresh. The cooks were very nice and didn't make us feel rushed even though I'm sure they were ready to go. Smaller hotel with great customer service. Worth the price with all the extras you get. We will definitely stay here again!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed June 7, 2014

I stayed for a week ... and the hotel staff are very nice and professional, i was looking for an apartment and they helped me a lot in my search ......the shuttle service is very good. personally i love the Hotel and i will strongly recommend this Hotel. More then 5 Star i want to give this hotel.

Personally i want to thank you all how helped me during my stay and the apt. search. ( not mentioning names)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed June 5, 2014

I love The Mark Twain Hotel. The rooms are clean, comfy, and charming. The location is close to all of the downtown Peoria/riverfront venues, and easy access to the highway. My room had a terrific view of the river. The restaurant Two25 is terrific. I didn't get a chance to sit at the bar but it's nice to know it's there. The staff was helpful and courteous. I plan to stay at the Mark Twain whenever I'm in Peoria.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the river if you can.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Aalst, Belgium
Reviewed June 5, 2014

This was the 4th time I stayed in the Mark Twain and it will not be the last time when I have to return to Peoria. The rooms are very nice and quiet even if the hotel is close to the Interstate.

You have all you need in the hotel and everything is clean and working. I have only one small remark: in January there were problems with the WiFi and I was told that this was due to the cold but this time it was the end of April and I had the same problem. The front desk solved it by giving me a cable twice but this should be fixed for the future. I think the signal is too weak since the WiFi was working in the lobby.

The breakfast buffet is OK and the fresh cooked omelet and waffles are super.

Parking is on the premises and is free and there is a shuttle, which I did not use.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Naomi S, General Manager at Mark Twain Hotel, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Dear BossErpe:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. I appreciate knowing that you've enjoyed our property a few times and appreciate the rooms and location.

I'm sorry that we had wireless internet issues during your stay. We recently upgraded our service with better bandwidth and speed for your convenience, however we had a time period when we were working on configuration. We appreciate your patience and have not had much issue in the recent past.

We hope that you choose to come back and again, thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Best regards,

Jacksonville, Illinois
Reviewed June 4, 2014

The rooms at Mark Twain are rather small but comfortable. Service, location, breakfast omelets were very good. Lounge & restaurant was enjoyable, staff were helpful and accommodating. We would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Naomi S, General Manager at Mark Twain Hotel, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Hi Randy V,

Thanks for taking the time to post a response on TripAdvisor.

I'm glad you enjoyed the hotel and would definitely stay with us again.

Best regards and safe travels,

New Baltimore, Michigan
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Myself and Wife spent a night for a wedding. The room was newly remodel. The layout of the room had all the amenities a person would need. The room did have a musty odor. I think it was from the A/C. My Wife thought is was from the Bed linen. We went for a wedding reception. The shuttle dropped us off and picked us up from the location. I would recommend this place.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Jason,

Thank you for writing a review. I am glad that you enjoyed the stay overall, however, I'm concerned about the odor. I'm sorry you had to experience that. I'm not sure what room you were in but I'd like to do if you wouldn't mind providing me with that information. It would help us for sure.

Hope to hear from you.

San Ramon, California
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I just love this hotel! The atmosphere is old charm with every modern amenity! Rooms are great, the restaurant is excellent and the breakfast buffet is wonderful!
I do not have one bad thing to say about the Mark Twain!

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Lvlktho,

Thank you for your review.

I'm very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to enjoy the restaurant and breakfast buffet.

I hope that you choose to stay with us again when you're in the area.

Safe travels,

Naomi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peoria
Peoria Marriott Pere Marquette
Staybridge Suites Peoria Downtown
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Peoria
Wingate by Wyndham Peoria
Country Inn & Suites Peoria North
Embassy Suites by Hilton East Peoria - Hotel & RiverFront Conf Center

Been to Mark Twain Hotel? Share your experiences!