Mark Twain Hotel
Super 8 Peoria(Peoria)(Great Value!)
$62
$160
$95
Quality Inn & Suites Peoria(Peoria)(Great Value!)
$71
$129
$110
$49
$101
All reviewsboutique hotelomeletfree drinksdrink ticketswafflesillinois riverview of the riverpedestal sinkdowntown peoriaon site restaurantironing boardin townbreakfast was includedfree shuttlethe shuttle driverwould definitely stay here againsausage
Reviewed February 11, 2014

The closest place to the family. Clean rooms. AWESOME made to order omlets! The parking lot feels safe, we have even had to park our boat there. Lots of one way streets in Peoria, so pay attention to the maps.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Naomi S, General Manager at Mark Twain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Hello Tracy C,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review here at TripAdvisor.

We definitely aim for all guests to have an experience as your was. I'm glad you enjoyed a made-to-order omelet and took advantage of our complimentary open parking lot. When you come again (and I know you will!), let us know about your boat in advance and we'll make sure you have a special spot reserved.

Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

Peoria is.... well, how do you rate a city that is as famous for its casino and 'gentleman's clubs' as it is for anything else? If you are called to that city for a convention, as I am every year, then the Mark Twain is a pretty decent place if a tad bit too costly for meeting what should be standard hotel offerings. Free breakfast and decent parking, check. Free wifi, yes, but spotty and while it worked the first night, after that it stopped and the front desk was not able to solve the dilemma for the next two days for my companion or myself.
My only other complaints are minor... coffee was bland and biscuits on the breakfast bar were stale...it did lead me to a minor revelation of putting sausage gravy on my hash browns...yum! Also, as others have said, the hotel room bathrooms are nicely updated but lack a counter surface for your toiletries, etc...
I might stay here again given its proximity to downtown (if the other hotels are full) since it's worth $20.00 extra to park and walk instead of relying on finding street parking or waiting for shuttles from the E. Peoria hotels across the river.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Hi Mike P,

Thank you for writing your review here at TripAdvisor.

I understand that you were here during a moment when our wireless internet was not at its finest moment and I apologize for that. While we did get the issue resolved, we did have in-room ports that should have been functioning correctly, but I understand that these days many devices do not accept the ports. I am glad though, that you recognized that we do offer extras such as breakfast, parking and the wireless, things that you often have to pay for in a downtown setting.

Despite the minor complaints, I hope that you choose to come back to stay with us next year when you are back for your convention - and that your stay is more perfect in the way that we aim to be.

Best regards,

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Excellent hotel reasonable price and right in downtown Peoria plenty to do. Received 2 free drink cards at check in that lead to an excellent dinner at the bar. Just had pizza and it was good, then used the free shuttle the go to the 5th Quarter and then the Casino. Will defiantly return every member of the staff was friendly and breakfast on Sunday morning was needed after a long night.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Very pleased with our stay here. Hotel has been updated and rooms are very clean and comfortable. Staff make a real effort at assisting any need. Breakfast is a nice touch with made to order omlettes and waffles included in the room price.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Awesome hotel, great breakfast, unique boutique style rooms, loved the exposed brick...but agree with other reviewers who say the heating/ac unit is VERY LOUD...and the bed is ROCK HARD.

The staff, however, is awesome...and gave me 3 feather mattress pads to soften my bed (sadly it was still hard...they said the mattresses are all the same and were made locally).

The complimentary breakfast almost makes up for it, but not quite. I won't be able to stay there again due to the lack of sleep on the very hard bed...

Would love to stay again if they got some sort of gel/foam toppers for the beds!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Hi there SwissMiss1975,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor.

I'm sorry that you felt the heating units in the room were too loud and the beds were too hard for your liking. Since our building is older and our rooms do not have the luxury of central heating and cooling, we've done our best to find the quietest room units for our application. We are proud to say that our mattresses are made by a local, family-owned business. Some people love them and some feel they are too firm - it's a very personal preference. We've decided to be proactive and have been in the process of placing memory foam on each bed, one floor at a time. Until these are in every room, you can request the padding. This way, it can easily be removed for those who prefer fimer, and would satisfy those who prefer softer.

Thanks trying out the hotel and when you are in town next, be sure to let us know your mattress preference. We are here to serve you.

Regards,