“Great Hotel Even Better Breakfast!!”
Review of Mark Twain Hotel

Mark Twain Hotel
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Peoria
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel once two times before and always loved my room and the service. But I am a "foodie" and I love to eat! Our first stay we had the complimentary breakfast that featured made to order omelets and Belgian waffles. The breakfast was OK, but it was just missing something, nothing special. So the second time we stayed I choose not to have breakfast. But this stay I over heard one of our friends rave about a potato dish that was really good. So I went to see what the fuss was about. I had a omelet with fresh spinach, green and red peppers and crisp bacon topped with a garnish of fresh scallions. WONDERFUL!! But the potato dish was SO GOOD! It had breakfast potato chunks, melty cheese, sausage, onions and peppers. BEST BREAKFAST AT A HOTEL EVER!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Joanne W
There are newer reviews for Mark Twain Hotel

Reviewed January 29, 2013

From the first call with Ashley to make our reservation, we had wonderful customer service every step of the way. Another couple decided to join us at the last minute, and adding a 2nd room was no problem at all. The King Studio rooms have a modern look. We took full advantage of the "perks"......Used the drink coupons in the bar that evening. (The outside seating around a fire pit would be a fun place to hang out in warmer weather.) Our supper at 225 was especially good.... the service was outstanding and the food was delicious. (If you don't want a full dinner, have one of their great pizzas) Patrick provided our shuttle ride to a comedy club and even though we went to the 10:30 show, he was still on duty and came to get us afterwards! Since it was so late, we'd only expected the hotel to call us a cab. The breakfast was very good and made to order with lots of options. I can not say enough about how friendly and accomodating everyone was which is exactly why I am writing this.

Room Tip: We had a room on the "river" side of the hotel, but being on the 3rd floor didn't make...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Stayed here for our 33rd wedding anniversary. Room 912 was beautiful and perfect for what we wanted. Had a large group with us and we were able to host a cocktail party in our room. Staff could not have been more helpful. Breakfast was wonderful. Even with a completely full hotel the wait for cooked to order breakfast was only a few minutes. Great value in the center of town! The only drawback for us was the noise of construction in the room next to us. Thought it wouldnt be so loud early on a Saturday morning.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view room. Lovely views. Room 912 is the Executive Suite and is really nice.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Wife and I stayed one night in December and had been very impressed in the past with Hotel and 225 Eatery within the Hotel. This time was different. Arrived and checked in smoothly but after arriving at our room, found it was still dirty from past nights guest. Went back to desk and clerk appeared more disgusted with cleaning staff than apoligzing for our discovery. Gave us key to new room and it worked out much better 2nd time around. Complimentary drink tics are nice but only work for certain drinks which appears to be alittle bait and switch. A free drink to me means a free drink no with limitaitons. (and I don't mean we requested top shelf) Pop machine on floor was out of order and upon arrivial for brunch on Saturday, all the food was on the empty side and staffing seemed to be limited from a service perspective. Being in management, my read is that staffing levels have been cut and it seems to be showing from a service perspective! You can judge but we probably won't be back anytime soon! BTW- I rarely write a review but felt compelled this time.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2013

The Mark Twain is a great hotel downtown Peoria. I've stayed at the Sheraton a few blocks away and the Mark Twain is ten times better. Rooms are good and the breakfast and service is fantastic. Our stay included a few drink coupons which was very appreciated. Free parking and shuttle service was also available. Spectacular views of the river.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 25, 2012

The website looks much more impressive than the actual hotel. While the room was acceptable, we would have rather stayed at a chain for the same amount of money. The phone and the TV remote were out of order. Also, the water was really murky and tasted bad... The bed was basically a rock - it felt like staying in a college dorm room again. The staff was pleasant, but didn't help us take our luggage up to the room - kind of odd since we were 2 of only 10 guests for the night... I will say that the breakfast was top notch hotel food with omelettes made to order.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

Located in the heart of Peoria, this renovated hotel it is the place to stay. Rooms are cozy and well equipped, and the restaurant is very good. Internet connection works perfectly, and staff is very corteous and willing to help. I will be back next time I am in Peoria.

• Stayed: December 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peoria
Peoria Marriott Pere Marquette
Staybridge Suites Peoria Downtown
Embassy Suites by Hilton East Peoria - Hotel & RiverFront Conf Center
Country Inn & Suites Peoria North
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#16 of 23 in Peoria
Quality Inn & Suites Peoria

Been to Mark Twain Hotel? Share your experiences!