“Will never go back”

Ranked #1 of 399 Restaurants in Peoria
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Eclectic, locally owned restaurant, featuring a unique menu with options for vegans to carnivores.
Delavan, Illinois
“Will never go back”
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

This morning another couple and my wife and myself decided we would have breakfast at one world. After entering an almost empty restaurant the hostess asked how many, we told her four and she said it would be a few minutes. In the meantime another couple walked in, they asked them how many people would be eating they said four also and were told come on and they were seated immediately. When the hostess came back we said why were they seated in front of us, she just looked at us with a stupid look and said oh I'm sorry she said you still want to sit down, we said no thank you and walked out. I would never go back to a place that is that unorganized and doesn't understand customer service.

1 Thank LarryCulp
Sam E, Public Relations Manager at One World Cafe, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Hi there,

I am so sorry about your recent experience at One World. After looking into what happened, we determined that another employee (not the host), in an attempt to help, sat the table that came in after you, while the host was still cleaning off the table intended for you. I apologize that that was not communicated effectively - it was not our intention to slight your family in any way. I do hope that you'll consider trying One World again and would be more than happy to speak to you personally regarding your visit. Please feel free to contact me at heylola (at) sbcglobal (dot) net so that we can work to resolve this. ~ Jessica M, on behalf of Sam Eid, One World Cafe owner

Santo Domingo
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Eclectic and high quality!”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

We love One World for its variety and interesting options. The quality of the food is also very good. It's a great place to go when you're tired of all the usual dining out options. It's a good option for family or for a date. It can be a bit noisy and the prices aren't amazing (though not too bad).

Naperville, Illinois
“One Hell of a Burger!”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Went t Bradley University for my daughter's orientation and had lunch here. Great food. Great servie. Within walkign distance to the campus. Great Gluten free choices!

From the title, had a "Hell of a Burger'...fantastic!

Peoria, Illinois
“There are better places!”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I was at one world cafe this past weekend with a couple of friends for lunch. The wait was 45 minutes after placing our order. A salad was brought after 30 minutes of wait which was the side dish for one of the main orders. I felt they couldn't handle their orders well. No one takes 45 minutes for a burger and Quesadillas.

If you have plans after lunch for a weekend then this is the wrong choice.

Iowa
“Nice place for lunch”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Loved the food and atmosphere. I would like to come back sometime when they aren't so busy, but it was a nice meal. Worth looking for a parking space (which took a little time).

• Visited April 2014