Candlewood Suites Peoria at Grand Prairie
Ranked #15 of 23 Hotels in Peoria
Iowa City, Iowa
“Quiet!”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Our room was on the back side of the hotel. The room itself was quiet but it was even quieter by not having cars parking outside our window. I know the hotel had to have been busy because of the deteriorating weather but we heard no one - no one in the hall, no one next door to us, no one above us. Customer service was above and beyond. Casey had a crazy night - including issues with our reservation but he was always, always friendly, helpful and professional. In the morning, the person shoveling the side walk was also shoveling out in front of the cars. BTW, if you're putting the address in your GPS, it's Landens Way not Landers like listed above.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Spencer S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Peoria at Grand Prairie, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Thank you so much for the awesome review! I get so excited when I get to read about my team exceeding expectations! We look forward and hope to see you on a return visit to Peoria. Next time you're in town, please stop and say hello!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Bloomington, IL
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I was a guest at this hotel last week, the Dir. of Sales, Tyrone was so pleasant to work with.
He even took the liberty and upgraded my standard room to a suite. The suite was incredible with a living room area, kitchen with breakfast bar and a separate bedroom---
I am very picky on hotels and found this one to be very clean as well.
Staff was pleasant and the sundry shop had a great variety of snacks too.
Location is perfect --close to interstate and lots of restaurant options and shopping.
Quiet hotel as well.
Would recommend highly.

Room Tip: Pay the extra and get the suites....perfect!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Spencer S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Peoria at Grand Prairie, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Thank you for the great review and for staying with us here at the Candlewood Suites! Tyrone will be very excited to hear that he has received such a great review. We pride ourselves on the cleanliness and condition of the hotel, and I am so excited to hear that you noticed. The Candlewood Cupboard is also such a great amenity that we have to offer! We look forward to seeing you again!
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

I get a great corporate rate here, yet despite the bargain prices the service is great as are the rooms.
Very comfy and quick wifi. Lack of breakfast may put some off, but there is a steak and shake just across the road. Highly recommend.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for the great review! It is awesome to have guests that look forward to returning to the hotel! You will be please to know that we are providing many more breakfast items to the Candlewood Cupboard! We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Fort Myers, FL
Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at this hotel due to an unexpected trip to attend a funeral. I can't express enough thankfulness to the staff in accommodating our early check in, assistance with printing directions and even providing us with a special rate. Everyone we had come in contact with was very friendly and always had a smile on their face willing to help us with whatever we needed. The room was clean and comfortable, what more could you ask for.

• Stayed December 2013
Spencer S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Peoria at Grand Prairie, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Thank you so much for the fantastic review. I am so sorry that you had to visit the Candlewood Suites under such unfortuanate circumstances, however, I am very please that we were able to make you comfortable and make your situation easier to handle. We do truly appreciate your review and your loyal dedication as a senior review on Trip Advisor! If you are ever in Peoria again, I hope that we will be seeing you here at the hotel!
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed December 13, 2013

I am not sure how to even begin explaining my thoughts on this hotel! When arriving, I will say, I was a bit worried. There was not much color to the outside, or characteristic so I began preparing myself for the worst. To my surprise, the lobby was small, but very clean and nicely decorated! Melanie was working the front desk and was very pleasant, kind and helpful. She got us checked in, gave us our keys as well as a letter from the General Manager and we began looking for our room. Looking at the cleanliness of the hotel, I was not as worried about how my room would look anymore. I then got to my room and the first thing I noticed was that it smelled amazing and it looked to be very clean. I opened the letter from the GM and reading it I could tell he really cared about my comfort, this was the first time I heard the phrase "Exceeding Expectations" at the hotel.

Later that evening, I went to the desk and asked what some good places to eat were and the desk agent was able to give me many suggestions, you could tell he knew the area well. Returning to the hotel we went right to our room and went to sleep, it was quiet and had no issues sleeping. The next morning I had a card slid underneath my door, from Melanie. It was a nice, hand written, Thank you card ensuring that my expectations were exceeded, this was the second time I heard that phrase. We checked out later that morning and was please to see that the housekeeping staff were all very friendly, and acknowledged me in the hallways.

The same afternoon, after checkout. I received a email from the General Manager, thanking me for my stay and once again, for the third time, ensuring my expectations were exceeded! I have never stayed in a hotel that focused so much on exceeding someones expectations. I can't wait to return to the hotel and I am looking forward to seeing the staff again!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for the fantastic review! Here at the Candlewood Suites we are striving for excellence and it is our goal to always exceed expectations! I am please to hear that Melanie was able to exceed your expectations. Our team always loves when their name is mentioned in such a fantastic review. We are looking forward to your return visit. Please be sure to come and say hello.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Overall, my experience was good. The front desk people were quick, attentive, polite and professional. The room was good - spacious, everything worked.

On the other hand, there was a crispy spot on the rug where I'd guess something hot had burned the rug. And when I pulled out the skillet to do some cooking, there was old food residue on it, including some pieces of onion that someone had sauteed. I would expect the utensils and cookware to be throughly inspected and cleaned between guests.

Overall, it's a good place to stay if you're staying for a while and don't need much in the way of amenities outside of your room.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Candlewood_Suites53, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Peoria at Grand Prairie, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you so very much for the kind feedback and more importantly for taking the time to submit your experience to Tripadvisor.
We are so delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. Since your stay we've made some changes at Hotel and put things in place so this won't happen again.

The feedback rather negative or positive truly motivates our management and hourly team members.
Thank you again and we will look forward to your return in the near future.

Respectfully,
Tyrone Fletcher
Director of Sales
Lake Havasu City, Arizona
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We were in Peoria for business and to visit friends. We selected the Candlewood Suites at Grand Prairie due to proximity to our friends.

Unfortunately, it seems Candlewood Suites has really stretched to consider the rooms in this hotel as a SUITE. According to Webster, a SUITE is "a group of rooms in a hotel that is used by one person, couple, family, etc." What we found at Candlewood Suites Peoria at Grand Prairie was an L-shaped room with a bathroom and closet. There was a refrigerator, kitchen sink and small stove, but there was basically ONE room with a bathroom and closet !!

Worst of all, the bed was in the short leg of the "L" and was shoved into the corner - up against the wall so they could squeeze a recliner into that portion of the room. So with two people in the bed, one person had to crawl in & out of the bed. A really poor layout especially considering the room rate of more than $120 per night. As far as this being a 'budget' hotel, I do not consider a rate over $120 per night as 'budget.'

There was a small gym with bikes and treadmills and a weight machine. There was also a free laundry. However there was no swimming pool, no room service and no breakfast service. Free coffee was the best they could offer.

This is a bare basic hotel that charges high rates by calling their rooms 'suites'.

Room Tip: I would suggest looking for a different hotel. I have stayed at better hotels in Peoria for lower r...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Peoria at Grand Prairie, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Dear Glen J,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re very sorry you were not satisfied with the layout of the room. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ferdinand G