“Great for extended stay”

Candlewood Suites Peoria at Grand Prairie
Ranked #14 of 23 Hotels in Peoria
Bark River, Michigan
“Great for extended stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

I had to spend 3 weeks here for business, and it was a very clean, nice hotel. The staff is very helpful and friendly. My room was clean, but the dishes were not the cleanest, and I ended up rewashing them. I liked how clean the entire hotel was including the gym and the laundry facilities. The free laundry was a great bonus. Overall the hotel was pretty quiet, but it is not soundproof, and I sometimes heard a dog bark or people walking in room above me. This is not a regular hotel - it's an extended stay, so you should know going in that they only clean the rooms 1/week, they don't have all of the daily replacement amenities that regular hotels have. The mattress was very comfortable.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Spencer S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Peoria at Grand Prairie, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Thank you so much for the great review. If you are ever in the area again we hope to see you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Peoria, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

Coming from the DC area and tried to find an extended stay hotel that was flexible and within my budget. I happend upon Candlewood, called and set my reservation. From that moment I felt this is a caring staff. Great location, close to fantastic shopping and eating, easy to get to downtown, etc. All of the staff was friendly, fun to be around and made being away from my family bearable. I would highly recommend staying here for a few days, weeks or months.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Morton, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

We stayed here for several weeks awaiting our home to close. This was our second Candlewood experience and we were certainly impressed! The hotel was pet friendly, rooms are spacious and very, very clean. I would recommend this place as an extended stay for anyone as you aren't going to beat the quality and price. I hope this quality can prove consistent over time and location. Although they do not have a pool, my understanding was the same hotel group owns the pool next door and allowed my family to utilize that while we enjoyed the amenities that were peculiar to our place. Robin, the clerk at the front desk, was very friendly and went out of her way to make sure our family was cared for and felt welcome.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Peterborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

Modern building, extremely clean with good sized immaculate suites.

My room was perfectly presented and fresh smelling. Great kitchen area with all the appliances you need and a comfy lounge area with sofa. Bathroom clean and tidy and a cozy bedroom. It's good to have a separate bedroom at this price.

Excellent gym facilities with a good mix of cardio and weight machines. Also a well stocked shop which operates on an honor system which is rare these days. This had now become my hotel of choice when visiting peoria. Oh I nearly forgot, good choice of shops and restaurants with TGI a short walk across the parking lot.

• Stayed September 2012
Peoria, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

House keeping is horrible. They do not follow any kind of checklist I assume because nothing is done correctly or done at all for that matter. After several complaints I just did it myself. Also nothing is stocked so you have to constantly ask the front desk for anything you need. This is all sad and pathetic because they only service your room every seven days anyways so WTH is the problem. People not doing their jobs and getting paid. Sad and frustrating.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Peoria at Grand Prairie, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Dear Private P,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We value your comments, as they enable us to further improve our services and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect. I'm sorry you were not satisfied with the service you received from our housekeeping staff. I will follow up with the housekeeping department to ensure that similar incidents won't happen again. We appreciate your comments and I hope that you will consider us again on your future travels.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

Been coming to Peoria for periodic visits ever since meeting my wife 12 years ago and it is definitely a tough town to find a decent hotel deal. The Candlewood is one of the better mediocre options available to folks not on corporate billing. We just finished a 6 day stay and it started off with checking out our room as is our usual m.o. and turning in the gross coffee pot for a new one. That was followed by my finding a pair of large ladie's black panties left on the chair in the kitchen area. Thankfully things got better. We did enjoy the suite sans the above two issues from the free laundry facilities to the excellent front desk staff. We never did get our garbage disposal fixed after reporting it on a Friday afternoon so my guess is that maintenance is not available on weekends. I would not be particularly excited about ever staying here again except for the fact it is a very difficult city to stay in reasonably and safely due to the large hotel room needs of the major employer, Caterpillar and the usual weekend football hotel mania present here as well as in most of the USA.

Room Tip: We had a third floor suite overlooking a vacant field in the back of the hotel...qujiet, private and...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Steven S
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2011

I've stayed here several times while on business in Peoria. The staff is always helpful (although often MIA from the desk area) and the rooms are well appointed, comfortable and quiet. I have had problems during a couple of stays, which were professionally and quickly fixed. On the down side, despite writing this comment on every single survey they have sent me and sharing it with front desk staff at every stay, they do not leave a bill under your door on your check out day, which, while a minor point, is a HUGE inconvenience, causing me to have to leave a bit earlier in order to get a receipt. It seems the MIA from the desk issue is most frequent during the times I need to get my receipt and get on the road to my appointment.
Also on the slightly negative side--the workout facility has only a few machines which appear to be completely taken from 5-7 pm every weekday evening. You have to plan your work out accordingly, but having realized this I've now switched my schedule around and workout in the mornings.
Despite these few small negative comments, I do still stay here from time to time due mostly to the niceness of the rooms and the good nights sleep I always have at this property.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business