“Was just OK”

Brienzo's Wood Fired Pizza
Ranked #52 of 410 Restaurants in Peoria
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

We went here shortly after they opened. We love Sugar, which is another wood fired pizza spot in town, so we were hoping this place would be just as good. We were pretty disappointed. At dinner you can't do individual pizzas, you have to do their large. My husband always likes BBQ chicken so we tried that one. Initially our pizza was taken to another table and by the time that got figured out and it got to us it was cold so it we had to ask them to heat it up which then burnt the crust some. The pizza itself was ok. Hopefully if they're open for a little while they can work out the links and make a few changes.

1  Thank Sara P

Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

Well, my first impression was that this place is messed up. People eating outside looked happy enough, tables were full. There were a few choices for going in, not sure which is the real entrance. We walked into a tiny seating, about 6 tables with seats for 2 to 4 each. A bit further was a counter with a start here sign, across from the counter were a couple longer tables and a couple booths, all full, and the counter was also lined with people, at each station of the dinner creation process.
We stood and tried to figure out if we were supposed to sit or what. About 6 people came in and the line at the counter was pretty much out the door, people standing in front of people eating.
I asked if we ordered a pizza and there wasn't a place to sit, what were we supposed to do. They didn't know, I got a shrugged shoulder and we left.

2  Thank 4dordys
Reviewed August 3, 2014

The pizza is OK, but not great. The addition of the outside patio was a nice touch, but the overall atmosphere and logistics of this restaurant is poor at best. I'm still thinking this is due to the newness of the restaurant, but so far, not much has improved. There are many better casual dining options in the area.

Reviewed July 24, 2014

This is a relatively new place in Junction City. The wife and I had lunch here and it was very good pizza. The menu has some unique choices and it was cooked to perfection. It has a great wood fire flavor. The only sore spot was their order and serving process. You place your order at the counter, pay and they bring it to you. The process they have in place doesn't really tell them who to take the pizza to. They have outdoor seating so 2 seating areas. Your order is written down individually so my wife got her pizza, but the other one wasn't mine. Mine came a minute or so after. Weird because I ordered 1st.

This was still not enough to preclude me from eating here again and only a minor blemish.

Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Ive eated here a lot and have tried multiple pizzas with random toppings and my favorite pizza toppings and it just couldn't stop getting good the garlic buttery crust was my favorite part