“Good Zoo, but not the best in the world.”
Review of Peoria Zoo

Peoria Zoo
Ranked #4 of 40 things to do in Peoria
More attraction details
Owner description: The Peoria Zoo is home to over 100 species of animals from around the world. From giraffes and rhinoceros to spider monkeys and sea lions, the Zoo is the wildest family place in town. The Peoria Zoo is open year round. Our Education Department offers programs for ages 2 and up. These include Home School classes, Zoo Tots, Jungle Jamboree, summer Zoo Camp and Zoo Teens volunteer program. During summer months we offer Giraffe Feeding in Africa and Budgie Feeding in the Aussie Walk About. From Memorial Day to Labor Day, scheduled Keeper Chats take place every day. Our two biggest events are the Easter Egg Hunt and Howl-Zoo-Ween. We offer a variety of birthday parties and Zoo Snoozes. Our Zambezi River Lodge is available for corporate events, wedding receptions, and special celebrations.
Reviewed December 31, 2013

This is a small zoo that is good for kids. It is easy to walk around in and easy to get to. It doesn't have everything, but it has much of what my friend's kids were into, like tigers and other wild cats.

All reviews
"small children"
in 7 reviews
"walk around"
in 6 reviews
"a great place to spend"
"oak park"
in 169 reviews
"tiger"
in 32 reviews

Reviewed November 25, 2013

The zoo is really nice & loads larger than the old Zoo! The. Lion cubs were so cute. We just visited the San Diego Zoo, was last there in 1980. It did not impress us for the price we had to pay. The Peoria zoo has activities for kids at different times of the year too.

This is all one level. strollers were available to use. Foods, snack available. You can picnic in the park near by. A big playground for the kids in the park and some play equipment within the zoo.

Everything is well marked as you walk around the zoo.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

My daughter and I traveled from Lafayette to Peoria to see a family friend living in Peoria. Before seeing them we went to see the zoo in the area. I would say the zoo is well kept and they have new animals in the zoo. Our timing was just wrong because it was getting cold and not much people are in the zoo. And the zoo is having some renovations for the good of the zoo. But seeing it as a whole, I would say if they finish the renovations and all, it would be a perfect zoo for children. The zoo is not that big. You will be able to see all the animals around an hour or so.

1  Thank marino62perez
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Not to be confused with a major zoo, it's still a fun time with children and grandchildren. The tiger cubs are a big hit,