“Peoria Zoo”
Review of Peoria Zoo

Peoria Zoo
Ranked #4 of 40 things to do in Peoria
More attraction details
Owner description: The Peoria Zoo is home to over 100 species of animals from around the world. From giraffes and rhinoceros to spider monkeys and sea lions, the Zoo is the wildest family place in town. The Peoria Zoo is open year round. Our Education Department offers programs for ages 2 and up. These include Home School classes, Zoo Tots, Jungle Jamboree, summer Zoo Camp and Zoo Teens volunteer program. During summer months we offer Giraffe Feeding in Africa and Budgie Feeding in the Aussie Walk About. From Memorial Day to Labor Day, scheduled Keeper Chats take place every day. Our two biggest events are the Easter Egg Hunt and Howl-Zoo-Ween. We offer a variety of birthday parties and Zoo Snoozes. Our Zambezi River Lodge is available for corporate events, wedding receptions, and special celebrations.
Reviewed November 23, 2013

My daughter and I traveled from Lafayette to Peoria to see a family friend living in Peoria. Before seeing them we went to see the zoo in the area. I would say the zoo is well kept and they have new animals in the zoo. Our timing was just wrong because it was getting cold and not much people are in the zoo. And the zoo is having some renovations for the good of the zoo. But seeing it as a whole, I would say if they finish the renovations and all, it would be a perfect zoo for children. The zoo is not that big. You will be able to see all the animals around an hour or so.

1  Thank marino62perez
"small children"
in 7 reviews
"walk around"
in 6 reviews
"a great place to spend"
"oak park"
in 169 reviews
"tiger"
in 32 reviews

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Not to be confused with a major zoo, it's still a fun time with children and grandchildren. The tiger cubs are a big hit,

Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

I was here a year ago and was very impressed. I still am. This is such a nice zoo! Very friendly staff, reasonable concession prices and several animals to see from multiple viewing spots. If I lived in Peoria, I'd consider getting a membership.

1  Thank GetMeOuttaThisTown
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We visited the zoo for the first time and it was very nice and clean. The new attractions are done well and you can get pretty close to the animals. Adults have to pay 9.00 apiece to enter, but parking is free and children under 3 are free.

See more reviews
Reviewed September 17, 2013

My family has a yearly membership and it so worth it. During the summer we go at least once a week. The zoo isn't very big but it is awesome. You get really close to the animals and they have zoo keeper chats, and feed the giraffes and other activities throughout the day that make the experience so personal. We have gotten to know the animals and their names and we get exited to see them. The zoo has free parking and awesome parks near by. You can bring your own food and have a picnic inside the zoo or buy from the various places inside.

1  Thank Anne S

Been to Peoria Zoo? Share your experiences!