“Nice for the Price!”
Review of Peoria Zoo

Peoria Zoo
Ranked #3 of 37 things to do in Peoria
More attraction details
Owner description: The Peoria Zoo is home to over 100 species of animals from around the world. From giraffes and rhinoceros to spider monkeys and sea lions, the Zoo is the wildest family place in town. The Peoria Zoo is open year round. Our Education Department offers programs for ages 2 and up. These include Home School classes, Zoo Tots, Jungle Jamboree, summer Zoo Camp and Zoo Teens volunteer program. During summer months we offer Giraffe Feeding in Africa and Budgie Feeding in the Aussie Walk About. From Memorial Day to Labor Day, scheduled Keeper Chats take place every day. Our two biggest events are the Easter Egg Hunt and Howl-Zoo-Ween. We offer a variety of birthday parties and Zoo Snoozes. Our Zambezi River Lodge is available for corporate events, wedding receptions, and special celebrations.
San Jose, IL
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Nice for the Price!”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

This zoo is a wonderful way to spend the day with your kids or grandkids. The new Africa exhibit is wonderful, and my grandson loved seeing the animals that he hadn't seen in a zoo before. Educational and fun!

Visited October 2012

• Korean first
Peoria, Illinois, United States
“We have loved watching the tigers grow”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

What a transformation our zoo has made over the years. I am proud to be a member. I am looking forward to continue taking all of my kids (ages 13 to 2 months) to the zoo on a regular basis. We go most Sundays. I love when the volunteers teach my children about the different animals and then for the next week they tell me what they have learned over and over. :) I am so impressed that I talked my brother into buying a season pass last week. Our zoo is not the largest zoo but it has the most love for their animals. Thank you Peoria Zoo for all of the past present and future memories.

Visited April 2013
Pekin, Illinois, United States
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“new and improved”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

At one time rated the worst zoo in America!! And now the zoo has done a complete turnaround, new exhibits, new buildings, very nice!

Visited April 2013
East Peoria, Illinois
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Love this place.”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I love love love this zoo. The african animal display is great and wait till you see the Australian outback. If you are a little short on money, Tue. are usually free.

Visited September 2012
Bloomington-Normal, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Peoria Zoo - smaller but very nice”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Peoria Zoo is smaller than big city zoos, but is worth visiting. The exhibits around the zoo divided into a handful of geographic regions, with animals indigenous to the region in each. The best exhibit by far is Africa. The Africa exhibit includes giraffes, lions, zebras, and more. The majority of things to see are outside, but there are some animals inside, as well.

We visited on a Saturday in February and were told that admission was whatever donation we wished to make. I believe they do these donation days periodically in the off-season. Depending on how long you spend at each exhibit and whether or not you have small children with you, the zoo would take about 1-2 hours to make your way through.

Visited February 2013

Been to Peoria Zoo? Share your experiences!