“Good restaurant with patio seating overlooking the golf course.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
WeaverRidge Golf Club
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Rolling hills, ancient oak trees and an overall beautiful setting for a golf course. The restaurant has an eclectic menu.

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"seniors"
"deck"

Reviewed September 8, 2012

There is a lot wrong with this course right now. First, when you pay $70 for 18 holes you expect a great experience. This course is in really bad shape, what a ripoff! First, many of the tee boxes are roped off due to poor condition. My foursome lost balls in the fairway, but that happens at a lot of courses in Illinois.

Now let's talk about the greens. For a $70 course, you expect great conditions. Wow, most greens had major brown and bare spots. Some of them had lines of dirt like a football field. Hole 10 had a sand trap at the back of the green, no kidding it was about 10' diameter dirt/sand spot ON THE GREEN!

Then the marshals were basically nonexistent. Our round took 5 hrs 30 minutes to get to the 18th tee...which by then it was too dark to play. These guys are paid to keep things moving! I've never played a round even close to this long before. Weaver Ridge is not a premier course anymore, and central IL has so many other great courses for half the cost.

Reviewed June 17, 2012

We were spending the night in Peoria and wanted to go somewhere for dinner that was not a chain restaurant. We chose WeaverRidge Golf Club. We made reservations ahead of time which was not easy to do. My husband called during the dinner hour days prior to our visit but received a voice mail that they were busy. He left a message and they called back within a couple of hours. Unfortunately, he missed their call so he had to call them back. Once again he received a voice mail. He left a message and just told them the time he wanted the reservation and asked them to just call back and confirm our time. He did not receive a confirmation call. He called the next day and was finally able to speak to someone and she had no record of the reservation. Fortunately we were able to get the reservation for our desired time.

Upon arrival, we were cheerfully greeted and taken directly to our table that already had glasses of water waiting for us. Once seated we were promptly greeted by our server. She gave us plenty of time to look over the menu. I ordered the blackened grouper with gargonzola sauce and my husband had the crab crusted tilapia. Both meals were served with a house salad, choice of potato, and roll. We both had the honey lime dressing on our salads. It was very good. The salads were a little small but very tasty. My grouper was amazing. Cooked to perfection. I would love to go back again just to have that grouper! My husbands tilapia was just as good. Crispy on the outside and flaky on the inside.

The atmosphere was that of a country club. It was very noisy. There seemed to be a lot of the regulars there. We were sitting near a couple with a toddler who liked to scream a lot. Their server was trying her best to give her things to occupy her and pacify her while she waited for her dinner.

There is an outdoor porch with several tables if you wish to eat outside. The outside tables were almost all filled while the inside had many open tables.

Our server was not quite as attentive. She acted like she may have been new. We asked her a few questions concerning some of the menu items and her answers were I don't know or I'm not sure. We had empty water glasses quite often and had difficulty finding her when we needed something. There was one occasion we asked another server for more water and she was very nice and took care of the rest of our needs. There was one point where the manager or owner (I'm assuming he was one of them) came by our table and patted my husband on the back and thanked us for coming in and that he appreciated us stopping by.

In the corner of the room there was an appetizer area set up. There were some vegetables with dip, taco dip with chips, cheese, crackers, and italian sausage pieces. Our server didn't tell us that we could help ourselves to the appetizers but everyone else in the place was getting plates of food so we went ahead and helped ourselves. I loved the taco dip.

For dessert we decided on the apple crumble. Just ordering dessert took awhile because our server was mia again but we were quickly helped by one of the other servers. The apple crumble was very good. It was served warm with vanilla ice cream on the side.

The food was very good and we would probably visit the restaurant again. The server we had that night may have just been having an off night. She was very sweet but it just seemed that she was not very familiar with her job. We did not allow her inattentiveness to ruin our evening. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who lives or is visiting the Peoria area. The other servers were very attentive to their customers.

Reviewed March 10, 2012

Good Course but expensive. It is challenging, has great fairways and landing areas. beware of the greens.