“Basic Hotel with both good and bad points...”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #16 of 23 Hotels in Peoria
Orange County, NY
“Basic Hotel with both good and bad points...”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

This is a basic hotel. There was no signage on the front door or anywhere else, and upon 1st site, we thought this must be the Super 8. The lobby/entrance was very plain and when you walk in, it feels like you are in an cheap outdated motel. The rooms however, were very clean and spacious. The bed was comfortable and had nice linens. The staff (with the exception of the breakfast lady) were all very nice. The front desk and housekeeping staff could not have been nicer! Very welcoming and friendly...Did not care for the free breakfast or the VERY crabby lady that sets up & maintains it. The hot food (eggs/sausage) was inedible.....the cold food was ok....I cannot possibly imagine how anyone could find this breakfast tasty. On day 2 we decided to pay for breakfast at the nearby Perkins, rather than have to deal again with the nasty lady and terrible food.

Room Tip: would suggest requesting a room near the lobby, as all rooms are located down one very long hallway.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Very difficult to find with entrance through a restaurant parking lot from a small side street. Make sure you have correct address on your GPS.

Rooms etc are typical Comfort Suites' style with no evening "manager's reception" etc found on some other facilities. Breakfast below average for this $$ range.

Smaller indoor pool with no hot-tub.

Facility appears to be older with somewhat poor sound insulation between rooms and from hallways. Recommend staying on second floor away from hi-way.

Very convenient to highway and large shopping mall. Good restaurant selection within few minutes from hotel.

Room Tip: Second floor away from hiway
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I was pleasantly surprised to see a nice clean update room waiting for me. There was a sign at the front desk apologizing for the looks while they were remodeling. There was no construction noise or activities during the night I stayed. My room was well appointed, clean and spacious. It had a Panasonic flat screen TV, microwave, a refrigerator and nice updated bathroom. The sheets were spotless white and clean.
Now the part that I didnt like. The room that I got was one of those rooms that have a door to the next room, so that they can rent them out both to families or groups and such. The trouble was that the room next to me had TV blaring all night (at least till 1:00 AM) and I couldnt sleep. I went and complained at the front desk and the lady there (Crystal) was super nice to me and switched me to another room without a bit of hesitation.
Breakfast was nothing out of the ordinary, they had egg, waffles,cereal, fruites etc. The breakfast room was separate and was clean.

Overall, very satisfactory.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Bob N
Gretchen_Geerdes, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, January 17, 2014

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. We will also pass this on to Crystal letting her now what great service she gave.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

We were hear for the weekend, Staff was nice, check in was easy. The rooms did have a slight smell. The water for the shower was luke warm. The breakfast area was nice and stocked well. The hotel in general needs some updating.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here one night with family. Room was as expected for a comfort suites, good value but nothing special. Like many hotels of this age, there are not enough plug outlets for my tech heavy kids. Lobby is in definite need of a face lift. All staff we met were extremely friendly and helpful.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Gretchen_Geerdes, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us, I do apolgize about the outlet issues in the room, we believe we have a good amount for each traveler with the extra out let on the desk area for extra items. We also just updated the lobby furniture and carpet with in the last three weeks. And hope you will give us another chance when you and your family come back through Peoria. If you have any question please contact me at 309.688.3800
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I’ve never stayed at a Suites before, but have stayed at a lot of Comfort Inns and other Choice motels. I travel alone and don’t have the need, but tonight all the Super 8 had left was smoking rooms so I paid the extra to stay at a ‘smoke free’ motel.

The say they have ‘bus / truck’ parking, but it is not a ‘dedicated area,’ it is wherever it fits. (Make sure you ask, so you don’t get towed)

I normally stay at the Super 8 / Econolodge class motels so this one is at the top of my list. Great place, no issues, pleasant help.

Their website lists ‘eggs & meat’ as part of their breakfast, if there were eggs, they were hard boiled and in the fridge and I did not see any meat. NOT complaining. They did have biscuits and gravy, hot waffles, yogurt and the usual motel breakfast items. I did notice that their pastries/muffins looked ‘fresh,’ not pre-packaged, and lots of them.

It was Sunday morning for breakfast and I was the only person eating at 7 AM, but based on the crowd at the pool last night, it would become an busy place before they closed the area. Unlike the ‘mid-ranged’ motels, this location has a person assigned to the breakfast area.

See photo’s for power outlet options at the desk.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Jim-OnTheWayHome
Gretchen_Geerdes, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write and submit your comments- it is always nice to receive compliments from our satisfied guest. The staff at the Comfort Suites take a great deal and pride in what they do and work hard to exceed the expectation of every guest. Please let us know when you will be back so we can thank you in person.
Overland Park
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I had planned to stay at the Super 8, but the available room there was far too smoky for my taste. I stayed two nights at the Comfort Suites using a travel coupon, so while not cheap, felt value was good. Hotel is designated as entirely smoke free which was a big plus. Hotel is generally well maintained and clean. While advertised as a suite, my room would be better described as a large room with small partion wall separating the sofa from the bed. Room had a sofa, work desk, large flat screen tv, fridge, 2 phones, free wifi, coffeemaker and good quality linens Staff was very friendly. The hotel offered a free breakfast with cold cereal, waffles, juices, coffee, milk, and scrambled eggs and sausage on the first morning and a cheesy egg dish and bacon the following morning. Nice looking indoor pool. Location is just off I-74 and War Memorial, with at least one restaurant within walking distance (I did not try it.). Overall a pleasant stay and reasonable value.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business