“1st time”

Ranked #16 of 23 Hotels in Peoria
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“1st time”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I’ve never stayed at a Suites before, but have stayed at a lot of Comfort Inns and other Choice motels. I travel alone and don’t have the need, but tonight all the Super 8 had left was smoking rooms so I paid the extra to stay at a ‘smoke free’ motel.

The say they have ‘bus / truck’ parking, but it is not a ‘dedicated area,’ it is wherever it fits. (Make sure you ask, so you don’t get towed)

I normally stay at the Super 8 / Econolodge class motels so this one is at the top of my list. Great place, no issues, pleasant help.

Their website lists ‘eggs & meat’ as part of their breakfast, if there were eggs, they were hard boiled and in the fridge and I did not see any meat. NOT complaining. They did have biscuits and gravy, hot waffles, yogurt and the usual motel breakfast items. I did notice that their pastries/muffins looked ‘fresh,’ not pre-packaged, and lots of them.

It was Sunday morning for breakfast and I was the only person eating at 7 AM, but based on the crowd at the pool last night, it would become an busy place before they closed the area. Unlike the ‘mid-ranged’ motels, this location has a person assigned to the breakfast area.

See photo’s for power outlet options at the desk.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Jim-OnTheWayHome
Gretchen_Geerdes, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write and submit your comments- it is always nice to receive compliments from our satisfied guest. The staff at the Comfort Suites take a great deal and pride in what they do and work hard to exceed the expectation of every guest. Please let us know when you will be back so we can thank you in person.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Overland Park
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I had planned to stay at the Super 8, but the available room there was far too smoky for my taste. I stayed two nights at the Comfort Suites using a travel coupon, so while not cheap, felt value was good. Hotel is designated as entirely smoke free which was a big plus. Hotel is generally well maintained and clean. While advertised as a suite, my room would be better described as a large room with small partion wall separating the sofa from the bed. Room had a sofa, work desk, large flat screen tv, fridge, 2 phones, free wifi, coffeemaker and good quality linens Staff was very friendly. The hotel offered a free breakfast with cold cereal, waffles, juices, coffee, milk, and scrambled eggs and sausage on the first morning and a cheesy egg dish and bacon the following morning. Nice looking indoor pool. Location is just off I-74 and War Memorial, with at least one restaurant within walking distance (I did not try it.). Overall a pleasant stay and reasonable value.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank moteladdict
Hay Springs, Nebraska, United States
Reviewed October 2, 2013

This is one of a big group of hotels all in the same place. It was clean and well kept and comfortable. It was quiet so long as you kept the window shut. The staff was very friendly. We were very tired after being stuck in traffic for over 4 hours on our way there and it was a good place to spend the night.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room facing away from the interstate so you can open the window if you like.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Gretchen_Geerdes, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your comments-we know you have many lodging choices and really appreciate your business. We are glad you were pleased with the accommodations and service we provide, and that you found us to be a good value. Please let us know when you will be returing so that we can thank you in person.
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I slept like a baby here for two nights even with my room next to the freeway. Fridge, microwave and good sized bathroom. The bathroom was nicer than 3-4 star hotels I've stayed at. The bed was comfortable. The staff was nice. I had no complaints.

Room Tip: Avoid the hwy side if you are light sleeper. Get the 2nd floor if possible.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank mrkickit
Gretchen_Geerdes, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Thank you for your lovely response! We love serving our guests with our hassle-free accomodations and great variety in our amenities, and we love it when you return! We are especially committed to making your stay in Peoria,memorable enough to want to make us your go-to lodging, wherever you are.
Florenceville-Bristol, Canada
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

A little challenging to find if you are not paying attention. Drive through the Perkins restaurant parking lot. Room was fine and clean. Bed comfy and was quiet room. Had to deal with drunk lady on way out at 5am but that can happen almost anywhere. Would stay again.

• Stayed August 2013
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed August 22, 2013

This was our first time staying at a Comfort Suites and it was a grand experience. Good Job Comfort Suites Peoria! You might think that if you stay at Comfort Suites rather than Comfort Inn you would pay more. Not the case. We loved the ability to stretch out and of course, we always like having a refrigerator and microwave. Being vegetarians we like to be able to have a bit of variety. Happy to recommend this to others.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joan L
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Will never stay at this hotel again. When we first arrived we received a room that smelled, had wet carpet, and the AC did not work. We lasted 15 minutes before we requested another room, which they were able to provide. At least the AC worked. The carpets were not nearly as damp, but this room also had a horrible smell (different than than previous room). I immediately went to the store to buy air freshners. 30 minutes later when I got back the feet on my 1 year old were already black from walking on the carpets.

That night we placed the do not disturb sign on the door. It was removed at 9:30 and we left the hotel at 10:00. When we came back our room had not been made. When my wife went to the front desk and was talked down to by the front desk worker. Stated some rule that if housekeeping sees the do not disturb sign they don't ever come back to check. I guess that explains why the place is so dirty. We did finally get towels and ice bags to put in the trash cans.

In addition to the dirt the room had no hot water in the shower. You turn the knob to adjust tempature and nothing changed. Nothing like a semi-warm shower to start the day. To top it off you can head down the the picked over breakfast bar. Nothing was being re-stocked and the trash can was overflowing. Attendent could care less.

My sister stayed at this hotel at the same time. She also had the issue with bad smelling rooms and no hot water.

Comfort Suites really needs to evaluate this hotel and decide if they want their name over the door. I think I would of had better luck next door at the Super 8 for half the price.

Room Tip: Goto another hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Gretchen_Geerdes, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
I am sorry that you were disappointed with your room here during your recent visit. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I will use your comments in our next staff meeting with housekeeping and front desk, so we can improve our service here at the Comfort Suites, so we can prevent others from begin unhappy with their choice to stay with us.

Travelers are raving about these Peoria hotels