“Comfortable Beds - Rest Is Average” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #16 of 23 Hotels in Peoria
Madison
“Comfortable Beds - Rest Is Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

The beds in our room were comfortable. The rest of the hotel is just average. The room walls are thin, so we did here children running down the halls at 11 p.m. (Thankfully, we travel with ear plugs.) The room was especially humid. The pool is tiny. The breakfast was big on white starches and low on fruit.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here one night while traveling through the area. The room was nice and clean however the air conditioning stopped working about 2a.m. and I opened the window to cool off the room. The noise from the highway traffic made it next to impossible to get back to sleep and I checked out around 6:30a.m. The staff was less than sympathetic when I checked out as was the manager when I called later that day, stating there was nothing wrong with their equipment. After much discussion they finally agreed to discount the room due to my dissatisfaction. I would not stay here again due to the staff's attitude.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank idabob5426
Church hill, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Have stayed here several times, the beds are always forgiving and comfortable. It's VERY CLEAN, quiet and the staff is very personable. Wish I could put this small hotel in my pocket to take with me every where I travel too.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Gretchen_Geerdes, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your comments- we know you have many lodging choices and really appreciate your business. We are glad you were pleased with the accomodations and service we provide, and that you found us to be a great value. Please let us know when you will be returing so that we can thank you in person.
Milligan College, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

stayed for a conference (paid by company) because this location has a hot tub but the other hotels around it do not. the hot tub was not working, but they did have a fancy framed sign saying it was broken. the website did not, and still does not, note that it is not working. i don't know if they have fixed it but i don't trust them. i let them know my concern and they gave me 300 points. what good is that? i know my company did not need to get money refunded, but 300 points is not nearly enough for me to take the chance with them again. it was approximately 1/20th of a free night or equivalent of $3.50. each time i have the choice to stay here, i have kept driving to champaign or the quad cities instead.

so after eight hours in tiny classroom chairs, i had no chance to relax and the room was louder than i expected for as few people as were staying there. other than that the room was clean and the food was good.

Room Tip: if you are paying your own way, use the coupon book from the rest areas about a half hour from peori...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
      Cleanliness

Travelers are raving about these Peoria hotels

2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

The breakfast is gross! My room was clean but the hotel was not up to standards. The Front end management staff is very shady! I was charged a smoking fee when the smoke wasnt coming from my room! They never knocked on my door once to say they had complaints. They could have seen or smelled for themselves that it wasnt my room. They waited until I checked out when I couldnt debate it. These rooms have keycard access and my room door was open atleast 2 hours before i checked out because i was in and out taking stuff to the car. now if there was smoke coming from my room u could see and smell it in the hallway right? Thats what i said. i called the manager gretchen greed and she was very rude. she made me feel as if i couldnt ask questions about MY money! She couldnt answer any of my questions as to there procedure! she kept changing her story. first it was my room then it was in the area of my room. they put an ozone machine in the hallway but it was atleast 10-12 rooms away from mine. what this woman didnt know is ive done this kind of work for over 10 years! do not stay at this property i repeat there are several nicer and more respectable establishments in the area. I Repeat This Establishment Is Very Shady, Do Not Leave Your Credit Card Infomation Here. Stay somewhere else Shady Shady Shady Establishment!

• Stayed March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
gretchen g, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you so much for your recent review. I am so sorry that you had a disappointing experience with our staff. I am extremely disappointed you found our staff members to be unprofessional and rude towards you. Our main goal is for every guest to feel cared for, valued and respected. I truly regret that our staff did not provide you with the level of customer service you deserve. I have personally spoken to our staff and guarantee this will not happen again. I can assure you that our guest satisfaction is very important to us and I will make sure that your comments be taken into consideration to improve our property. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us in the future.
Mount Zion, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

The outside impression isn't much when first seen and kind of confusing how property is laid out with it's neighbors. But inside it is up to par with other Comfort Suites I've stayed at. Nice beds rooms if a little dated. Staff were extremely attentive and friendly.

Room Tip: Lower numbers are farthest from front desk so park at far end for those.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Lindenhurst, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

This was an ok property, a bit older and dated, and hard to find, as it is tucked in behind Perkins and not easily visible from the frontage road. They allow pets, but charge you $25 for "cleaning", even if your pet did not do anything to require extra cleaning, as was the case with our 8 lb. short haired and housebroken dog. We were first given a room that clearly had been a smoked in, and the odor lingered. As we had requested non-smoking, I went back to the desk and we were reassigned to a clean room. The walls are very thin, and there was a lot of easily transferred noise from other guests both above and around us.

They had no signs posted in the breakfast area about pets, so my husband held the dog and stood in the very back, away from the food and I went up to fix us both some breakfast. He was immediately advised he had to leave, and we had no choice but to forgo the food that was included in the room price and go elsewhere for breakfast. We had no idea that would be the case, as we did not have the dog by the food and were planning to eat as far away as we could. They are not a sensitive to the needs of pet owners.

Room Tip: Get a room on the second floor as you can hear anything they do above you from the ground floor. Be...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family