“Over cooked,,,NO GOOD!”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Peoria, Illinois, United States
“Over cooked,,,NO GOOD!”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

It was blazing hot in there the day we went, no air circulation at all...hence we decided to let the chef cook our steaks,,,I prefer my blue, VERY Rare, and asked the chef which steak would be best to have very rare, he told me the teriyaki, and that what I got,,,it was soooooo over cooked, and then our wait staff blamed me for it being over cooked, I asked for the manager, the manager tells me, "well thats what happens when you order a marinade steak,,it has to cook more" ...........this is why I ASKED the chef......you guys need to get your stories strait!

• Visited July 2012

Springfield
“Grill Your Own Steaks”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

You walk in and in the center is a section of grills where you can actually grill your own steak. You can also have the chef do it, and that is what we chose to do. The steak was very good. The salad bar was pretty nice. They also have very good seafood, as my wife can attest to. It looks like there might be an outdoor patio to eat at too, but I am not sure.
Neat place to go for a special occasion.

• Visited October 2012
Peoria, IL
“Great steaks”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Great salad bar...best in Peoria. also great steak!! From 5 - 6 Sun - Thurs they offer limited early menu at a low cost.
You can cook your own steak, but for about $3, it's worth it to have them do it.

Visited September 2012
Table Grove, Illinois
“Choose your steak”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

The look of the outside of this restuarant wouldn't clue you in that the inside was so nice and that it had a wonderful view of the Illinois river.You get to pick your own steak out of a cooler and decide whether you wanted to cook it or have one of their grillers do it for you. While the steaks are on the grill you can go to the salad bar to fill up a plate or butter some Texas toast to throw on the grill. The service was very good considering how full the place was. It was a good thing I got reservations as the wait might have been long due to some kind of school dance that was going on and there were alot of young adults in there. In conclusion this is a very nice place for a steak with a view.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank strodemd
“Our favorite place to eat!”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We have been coming to Alexander's for years. My husband loves their steaks and I tend to go for the Sword fish. The portions are large and the Salad bar is the best we have had anywhere! Call ahead for reservations on e weekend, but if yu have to wait its always worth it.

• Visited August 2012