“Authentic Food and Drinks”
Review of Hofbrau

Hofbrau
Ranked #10 of 399 Restaurants in Peoria
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Chicago, Illinois
“Authentic Food and Drinks”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Peoria Hofbrau is pretty authentic when it comes to german food. The beer selection is excellent.

The weekday (Tuesday to Friday) lunches are excellent, and much cheaper than the dinner prices. I think they have wiener schnitzel on Thursday. The soups, chili, nachos, prime rib sandwich, and sausages are excellent. Well worth the money.

Make sure to squeeze the lemons over the wiener schnitzel - very well done. On the money.

The dinners are a more pricier, and the portions are bigger. If you want to hang out, have dinner, and drink afterwards - this is an excellent restaurant. If you want a quick and reasonable dinner - I wouldn't recommend this place (have lunch here instead).

The beer selection is unbelievable. However, it can be expensive. We spent close to $80 on beers here after our lunch.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Kalyan P

Bloomington, Illinois
“Great Germany food, and bier”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Plenty of Draft and bottled beer selection. I was a little bit disappointed that they didn't have Hofbrauhaus Dunkel when we went there, but I our waitress recommended another draft, even brought us samples, and it was superb.

I had the grilled pork chops, my wife had the jager schnitzel. Hers was very good, personally I would have ordered the weiner schnitzel myself- but the jager was very good. Quite possibly the best tasting pork chops I've ever consumed.

Waitress was friend, attentive. She made good recommendations. Couldn't ask for more there.

Atmosphere was a dimly lit like a pub, but very nice for dinner..Polka music over the stereo, but it wasn't loud or annoying. Just gave a good soundtrack to the place and made you feel like you were in a small corner pub in Munich.

Make reservations!

1 Thank jthoske
Washington, Illinois
“Good German fare, but kind of pricey”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I usually only go to Hofbau every so often for dinner because it's kind of pricey but the food is very good. Space is very limited. Lunch options are great - all you can eat soup is the best on a chilly day!

Visited April 2012
Peoria, Illinois
“Good German food”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

The atmosphere is good, but most people come here for the food and drink. The beer selection is of good quality. The Thuringer Wursts are very good and we usually get some to go. Best German food in town.

Peoria, Illinois
“Beer with lunch? Da!”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Great lunch specials that run out early so get there early and too many beer choices to mention. Not close to downtown but a quick sit down lunch. Soups and half sandwiches are filling

Visited January 2012

Been to Hofbrau? Share your experiences!