“Ok food.. Horrible service.. Not a good value”
Review of The 50's Diner

The 50's Diner
Ranked #106 of 406 Restaurants in Peoria
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We had Loosy sandwichs and chocolate shakes. The shakes were pretty good but the sandwich was nothing special. The meat was bland and the fries were typical store bought frozen. No one checked on us after we got our food. Considering the cost its not worth it.. Go somewhere else.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

The old style atmosphere no dislikes, even had a nice gift shop a large variety on the menu and the food was super

Reviewed May 3, 2013

I always get the cheeseburger which is usually average but you are paying for the experince. You feel like you are transported back into time whenever you go in there.

1  Thank Scooter L
Reviewed April 14, 2013

our gps took us to the wrong spot but after calling them we found that they were down behind the shopping center! great 50s decor and food. service was great. will definitely go back!

1  Thank eroom5721
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We went to the one that was formerly Maid Rite in the Willow Knolls shopping center (there are 2 locations, I believe). The decor is typical cliche 50's diner: pictures of Marilyn Monroe and Elvis everywhere. Our waitress was polite, but she never bothered to tell us the specials or ask if we wanted dessert afterwards. My husband and I both ordered the hot turkey sandwich. When it came, we couldn't believe our eyes. The bread was ordinary white bread, something like cheap quality Wonderbread. The turkey was a couple of pieces of thinly sliced lunch meat (think Budding brand). The mashed potatoes were not homemade, out of a box. There are no vegetable sides to make it a meal. We only had water to drink, but still the total bill for us (including tip) was $20. Are you kidding me? I could have bought all of the ingredients at a grocery store and it would have tasted the same. Way overpriced for cheap quality food. I go out to eat so I can get food that I can't make for myself at home, this missed the mark by a mile.