“Disappointing meal”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Peoria, Illinois
“Disappointing meal”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

We've enjoyed countless delicious meals at the Chili's in Peoria, but last night was a rare disappointment. Using a gift card from Christmas, we were looking forward to a great meal on a cold winter night. Our food arrived quickly, but in retrospect, i wish they would have taken more time to get it right. The first bacon cheeseburgers that were brought to our table were not prepared as we had ordered them. The replacements were bland in flavor. Bacon wasn't crispy. Meat was undercooked and lacked any sort of flavor. Didn't even taste like it had been grillled. Fries were a disappointment, too. Hot, but not thoroughly cooked. We ordered a frozen Presidente margarita (as we have several other times) and it arrved on the rocks. Guess we should have gone to Smashbuger across the street if we wanted a more flavorfui burger. Never saw a manager walking around. Disappointing meal. Not the Chili's we have loved for so many years.

• Visited February 2014

NEPONSET
“best of this type chain”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

You cant go wrong here. Always bring my crew here when im working in Peoria.The burgers, ribs, and fajitas are great.I have been here dozens of times and never had a complaint.Can be hard to find a parking spot but that just shows how popular they are.

• Visited November 2013
Peoria, Illinois
“The food and service are great”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

This is an above average Chili's. We have ate there approximately 20 times in the last 4 years, and never got a "bad" meal, which really says a LOT in my opinion. My only real complaint is I hate the window seats because the blinds are disgustingly dirty. I'm not talking just dust, I mean food splatter with dust embedded in it, just plain nasty. The blinds are really a surprise because otherwise this restaurant is pretty clean, including the restrooms. I will continue to eat there, but avoid window seats.

• Visited October 2013
East Peoria, Illinois
“Always loved this place.”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Love their chips and salsa. I can't say that I've ever had a bad meal there. Just be careful if you have a cilantro allergy. My husband dosen't go anymore, but you can't keep me away.

Visited January 2013
Newmarket, Canada
“Good Value nice place”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Was good food and good service.
It was busy when we arrived so sat at the bar and ate.
Good beer and excellent meal

• Visited March 2013

Been to Chili's Grill & Bar? Share your experiences!