“Great food--OK atmosphere”

Add it.
The Creek Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Reviewed November 23, 2013

The menu is fairly sophisticated but the atmosphere is not. Most customers on a Sat night wore jeans with a few in business casual. There is outdoor seating in the winter only, of course. There is a small bar at one end of the restaurant as well as a TV showing sports. It has a better than average bar seen due to the live entertainment that starts at 7 PM. We decided to order three of the "small plates" instead of a regular entree. The goat cheese stuffed prawns were huge although I could not taste the cheese. The shrimp were two to an order and were wrapped in Proscuitto--very good and tender. The sausage stuffed mushrooms were mild and also very good. The last dish was a yummy mushroom stuffed ravioli with bolognese sauce. All meals start with warm pita bread, hummus and olives. Our desserts were unusually good--warm baked apple with raisins in a puff pastry and a creamy gelato. Our server was well informed regarding menu items and did her job well.

Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

We looked at the menu online and were very excited. We started with a meat and cheese tray and were served cold cuts and Walmart cheese with no flavor. No dried or aged meats. The cheese was bland and the bread and crackers old. We then went with the Ahi tuna which was cut really thick and placed on toast. The tuna was not high quality and the sauce was bland again. We also had lobster mac'n cheese which was not cheesy and again bland. Lastly we had the goat cheese stuffed shrimp wrapped in prosciutto. Although the best we had, the herb cheese was again bland and the shrimp/ham was not cooked well. We barely ate any of it, when asked we explained we did not like it. They did not even offer to take anything off the bill.

In the end, the menu looked great, but the food was poor and expensive ($70). Low grade ingredients married with poor execution. Bland, bland, bland,......

Reviewed September 3, 2013

There were a couple other tables when our group arrived for lunch. We ordered a variety of dishes from the brisket sandwich to the different salads. I had browsed the menu online prior to arriving and thought I'd try the soft shell crab sandwich, but it wasn't on the menu. There was a lobster roll on the menu that wasn't online, so I decided to try that. We asked about the beer battered clams special that was written on a board since a few of us wanted to try them, but were told they only serve them during dinner. Bummer.

The food came within 10 minutes. Everyone looked pleased at their plates except for me. Any lobster roll you see typically contains chunks of lobster. This was more like canned, food-processed lobster spread that you would dip crackers into or spread onto crostini. I was so disappointed. There were red peppers processed into it which I wasn't aware of per the menu and I don't enjoy red peppers, I wouldn't have ordered it for $12 had I known it was just "seafood spread".

The sandwiches came with a tiny plastic 1oz cup of "cole slaw" which I didn't enjoy, too much celery seed. Instead of the condiment to-go cup, why not use an actual small ramekin for the prices we're paying? Also, why so little? I'd prefer more cole slaw and no "house made chips" which were bland and soft in the middle...not cooked all the way.

If I ever go back, I'd get a salad. The Black and Blue shrimp salad looked amazing. Others at my table got the brisket sandwich, Ranchero salad and the Bachelor salad and everyone enjoyed theirs while feeling bad for me.

One thing my table chatted about was the decor, which in the daylight wasn't that impressive but it might look cool at night with the lights dim. We found it interesting that a "nicer" lunch spot would have the server wearing daisy dukes with her black apron. If we expected to see butt cheeks, we would have gone to Hooters or the Tilted Kilt or Club Cabaret for that.

All in all, I would not choose to go back only because if I'm not impressed with lunch, I wouldn't partake from a pricier menu.

1  Thank Naomi S
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Since opening in June we've had two dinners and one lunch at The Creek. So needless to say we enjoy dining here. The dinner menu is primarily tapas and the lunch menu is entirely different from the dinner menu. Food is very fresh and well prepared. Nice variety of items on their menus. We had a service issue during one of the dinner outing, but the manager handled it very well.