“Pureed corn chowder?”

Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Madison
Description: Offering deceptively simple modern American cooking in the heart of Peoria. Using local, farm-raised products, you will enjoy recognizable entrée salads, shareable appetizers and simple chef crafted entrees incorporating local and seasonal produce.
Phoenix, Arizona
“Pureed corn chowder?”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Their sweetened butter for the bread was, by far, the best part of the only meal we ate there. I ordered a bowl of the corn chowder-it seemed to have been pureed & then had popcorn dropped in it. Wasn't good, either, but the waitress either didn't notice or simply ignored the fact that it hadn't been touched. For 2 bowls of soup, one of which wasn't good, the bill was $28-no drinks, appetizers, entrees, or desserts, just 2 bowls of soup. The concept of farm to table is good, but the end result may still need some work.

Visited October 2013
Kathryn S, Executive Chef at Table 19, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
I apologize that you did not enjoy your soup. I invite you to come in and try our new butternut squash soup for winter. I have brought the service issues to the restaurant managers attention, and they are dilligently working to correct any issues with service. I do hope you decide to give us another shot, and I look forward to hearing about your next experience. If you are in the restaurant I would appreciate if you would ask for me; if I am there, I would be delighted to be able to speak with you, and hear personally about your meal.

Matthew Ianetta
Executive Chef

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of Our Best Meals Ever!”
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

This is a relatively new restaurant in Peoria, so it was not crowded on a Saturday night, which was lucky for us. However, based on our experience here tonight, that state of affairs probably will not last very long: we had a superb dining experience! Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, was excellent from preparation to presentation to consumption. The seared scallops, the rib eye steak, the sides, it was ALL first rate and completely satisfying. Dessert? Mouth watering (but only if you have room, which my wife did and I did not). Service was prompt and friendly. The ambiance is post-modern and understated. If this restaurant does not quickly rise to the top as one of Peoria's premiere dining establishments, then Peorians will deserve whatever restaurant mediocrity befalls them! Bon appetit!

Kathryn S, Executive Assistant at Table 19, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are so glad that you enjoyed your dinner. Our restaurant and culinary team were happy to serve you and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Illinois City, Illinois
“To much money for quality of food”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Over priced items and the quality of food was sub par. Over salted and lacked any taste. Very expensive for what you get. Not a good choice.

Tinley Park, Illinois
“Fast service and good food”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

This charming restaurant at the Pere Marquette Hotel in Peoria has great wait staff and good food. I ate there twice this week and both times it was delicious. On Monday I had the lunch special, 1/2 sandwich, mushroom bisque and a salad. It came to the table so quickly, I was shocked. The soup was piping hot and yummy. The beef sandwich very tender and good. The salad was just right to have with the meal.
The 2nd lunch I had there was the grilled cheese sandwich. It seemed a little greasy for my taste and the sundried tomatoes were too tough to bite into. They slid right off the sandwich. Otherwise it was a good sandwich. They serve pepsi products and I prefer coke so just had water for my drink with lunch.

• Visited October 2013
Naperville, Illinois
“Will definitely go back again”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Service was quick and friendly, though not necessarily polished as a fine restaurant should be (e.g. "Is your steak cooked good enough?" rather than "Is your steak prepared to your liking?")
Menu features "farm-to-table" cuisine, with ingredients sourced from local producers. Fingerling potato appetizer with cheese curds and gravy sounds a bit pedestrian, but was actually quite tasty. I had a rub-crusted ribeye which was cooked perfectly and was very good. My wife had the grilled salmon. Interestingly, the salmon is listed with the steaks under the grille section and thus is offered with the same choice of sauces, none of which seemed to me to be good choices to pair with a fish. My wife chose the chimichurri sauce. Nice spicy flavor, but a bit oily (but again, an odd pairing with the salmon...I would suggest the salmon move to the Large Plates section of the menu and the chef create its own special preparation). Side dishes (included, not a la carte) were good-sized. Crispy brussels sprouts are their self-proclaimed specialty and lived up to their billing. Prices were reasonable, particularly for the amount of food, though probably on the higher side for the area.