Peoria Marriott Pere Marquette
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsthe concierge loungehistoric hotelcivic centerparking garagesky walkfine hotelcorner roomguest rooms areheart of downtownwedding receptionfront desk staffbusiness tripthe shuttle driverin townbed was very comfortablebradley universitystaff was very friendly
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I have stayed at the Peoria Pere Marquette 10 times since October 1, 2013. Based on my experience at other Marriott properties, this hotel doesn't measure up to the standards I have come to expect from a full service Marriott. One could argue, since it is relatively new Marriott property, we should excuse the issues encountered. I believe, however, that good service should include fully cleaning the bathrooms, vacuuming the guest rooms between guests and periodically cleaning the hallways. The morning service in the concierge lounge is also very lacking. I’m not sure if it’s a lack of training, insufficient staffing or both, but significant improvements are required. I sincerely hope that someone from Marriott stops by soon to provide some guidance. And finally, discontinuing the valet parking service during the coldest week in the last 20 years (without any notice to frequent guests) seems like a bad customer service move regardless of how much money it saves the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank TJS562014
Laura L, General Manager at Peoria Marriott Pere Marquette, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

I do appreciate the information that you have shared with the team and I. Your comments are invaluable to us.

Our team is dedicated to offering brilliant service to everyone of our guests. Your comments have provided all hotel associates learnings that we have acted upon.

I hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you many more times in the future.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

This hotel has been updated beautifully. The rooms, lobby, lounge, weight room, etc., have a nice air of clean of modern. The rooms and bathrooms were nicely updated and very clean and quiet. Our only problem was the air flow in the room. I'm not quite sure how the ventilation system was set up, but half the night you are covering yourself up because of the cold air that is blowing on you and the other half, you are sweating. Overall, it was an excellent stay and I would highly recommend the hotel to anyone traveling in the area.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

The entire hotel team is thrilled that you enjoyed the hotel. We are dedicated to brilliant service and offering our guests an excellent experience.

Please visit us again in the future. Thank you for choosing the Peoria Marriott Pere Marquette hotel.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

The last time I stayed at this hotel was 10 years ago, and I did not recognize it when I returned for this trip. It has been completely remodeled, and the rooms and other hotel areas have been beautifully updated so that it is brighter and trendy, but retains the feel of a boutique hotel. We stayed here for four nights (got snowed in one night) and I think it is by far the nicest hotel in Peoria. It is clean, comfortable, and has friendly service, reasonable rates, and a nice business center, which we had to work from when we got stranded due to the snow storm. The two things that pleasantly surprised me were the workout room, which was triple the size of most Marriott hotels and well stocked with free weights and multiple treadmills, bikes and ellipticals, and the restaurant and bar. Even though the restaurant menu was simple, the food was surprisingly good and reasonably priced. I recommend the turkey blt or the burger. They have a special breakfast which included oatmeal, fruit, toast and coffee for $10. My one complaint is that the gym was always out of cleaning wipes to wipe down the equipment. Also, while internet is free in the lobby and business center, they charge $9.95 per day for internet in the rooms. I highly recommend a stay here if you are in town for business. Perhaps because it is a historic building (and things were built to last then), the rooms are very quiet. We had someone staying in the room next to us, but we did not hear a peep from them, not even a toilet flushing--nothing, unlike most new hotels now.

Room Tip: We had a corner room, which was quieter because it is far from the elevator and you only have one neighbor next door (although the hotel is very quiet, maybe because it was built back when things weren't built so cheaply--there was someone in the room next door but we didn't hear a peep from that room, not even a toilet flushing or door closing, nothing) and windows on two walls bringing in lots of light.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Hello Ms. Marla,

Thank you for your very motivating comments. I am so glad that the hotel team was able to offer you an excellent experience during the very cold and snowy four days that you stayed with us.

I hope that we have the opportunity to serve you again many times in the future.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

This is the first year my husband And I could enjoy New Year's as a couple. So we chose the New Year's Eve package here at the hotel. Unfortunately we made a very bad decision. The room was nice, acceptable certainly not luxurious. Prime red was cold tough and probably the worst I have ever had. The so-called open bar was just a few select choices, nothing top shelf nothing nice nothing worth returning for. At one point I saw Kahula and Bailys at the open bar area and ask for that, or perhaps a White Russian and I was told no it was for coffee only, I would have to bring them a coffee cup. I was in the impression this was a nice hotel, with above average food, accommodations and cocktails. I was wrong. If they plan to stay open or host this event next year, They may want to step it up. As it was there were not a lot of people there for this event and I'm certain most of them will not return. As far as the meal, it is hard to believe that this food is prepared by Chef.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Katherine D

I appreciate the time that you had taken to share your comments with me. The hotel team and I have learned much by your experience. We are committed to continuously improve our levels of service.

I hope that you will offer us the opportunity to offer you an excellent experience in the future.

Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is walking distance to everything. Restaurants, the concert venue, shops. Location is perfect! Rooms were absolutely gorgeous. Clean and comfortable. Will definitely stay here again.

The only current downfall is self parking. They are still working on a bridge from the garage to the building. You have to walk outside and lug all your stuff around the block. :(

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank TennFriend
Laura L, General Manager at Peoria Marriott Pere Marquette, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2014

Good afternoon,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay at the hotel. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your time in Peoria.

We are currently in the process of building a second Marriott hotel, the Courtyard by Marriott Peoria Downtown right next to our site. When the Courtyard opens in mid 2014, our guest will have access to both hotels, the parking deck and the Peoria Civic Center through a climate controlled sky walk connecting all four buildings. This will be a comfortable and convenient way for our guests to be able to enjoy all three venues.

Please enjoy the rest of your day and hope that you will visit us again very soon.

Laura L