Peoria Marriott Pere Marquette
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsthe concierge loungehistoric hotelcivic centerparking garagesky walkfine hotelcorner roomguest rooms areheart of downtownwedding receptionfront desk staffbusiness tripthe shuttle driverin townbed was very comfortablebradley universitystaff was very friendly
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Am I happy this hotel is now open. I hadn’t stayed here in any of its previous incarnations and this is my first time needing to stay in Peoria. I was told the hotel has been open for six weeks since a major two year remodel. It is wonderful! We were there on a quiet Sunday night and were able to park right in front of the hotel instead of in their parking garage. The garage is $12 to park and, right now, valet is also $12. I believe the price for valet will go up soon but they have it at $12 now because it is a long 1.5 blocks walk to the hotel from the garage. I believe this will change once some garage construction is completed. They are reworking the garage so that it will have a skywalk into the Peoria Convention Center. The hotel is a grand dame from a bygone era that has been reworked into a modern hotel while still maintaining touches of the past (to include the entire facade). The front desk has a gorgeous crystal light fixture that is about 10’ by 1.5’ - totally mesmerizing. The staff who greeted us were exceedingly friendly and helpful. I have platinum Marriott status and was upgraded to a wonderful suite without asking (the hotel was very empty). The room was at least 1,000 SF and had two sofas, a large table with four chairs, a bar and two bathrooms. It had more lamps and lighting of various types than I have even seen in one hotel room. The main bath had a tub/shower combo which suited me just fine as I enjoy soaking. I have noticed many remodels are going with showers only and was pleased that this remodel seemed to have kept the tubs. The bed was the best I have slept in for many a night. It was firm with a wonderful soft topper that enveloped you.
The concierge lounge was large and had a lovely view of Peoria. I did find that the appetizers were lacking. They had some type of deep fried egg roll type thing and that was it; no vegetable tray, no fruit tray. They did have cubed cheese and some water crackers and whole pieces of fruit (oranges, apples, bananas). There were plenty of snacks such as nuts, tortilla and potato chips. It would have been great to have had something healthy other than the fruit. Breakfast was better - they had yogurt parfaits and the attendant got one for me from the kitchen when they ran out. There were real eggs, bacon and oatmeal as well as the sliced fruit I missed the night before.
The small disappointment regarding the lounge offerings in the evening due not impact my overall rating much. I did not use the restaurants/bars in the hotel so I can’t comment on those. I look forward to an opportunity to stay here again.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better the view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank AGoingGal
Laura L, General Manager at Peoria Marriott Pere Marquette, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Peoria Marriott Pere Marquette while in Peoria. The hotel team and I appreciate your loyalty to Marriott. Congratulations on your Platinum Marriott Rewards status. That is quite an accomplishment. I hope that you have the opportunity to enjoy all of the benefits that it offers.

I do appreciate your comments regarding the food offerings in our concierge lounge. Our culinary team are committed to offer tasty and healthy food options for our guests.

I hope that your travels bring you back to Peoria in the very near future.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

My family stayed here for a long get away weekend. Every part of the hotel from the staff to the decor to the beds were fantastic. The staff bent over backwards to make sure we had a wonderful weekend and we did! My two little girls were treated like princesses! The food was out of this world! I can't say more of what a fabulous hotel it is, when in Peoria it is a Must to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Karen P

Greetings Karen P,

It was fantastic to hear that the hotel team took great care of your family during your stay at the Peoria Marriott Pere Marquette. The team and I take all of our guest comments seriously and work diligently to continue to increase our guest satisfaction.

I hope that you and your family have the opportunity to visit us again.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

All of the employee's there are top notch. The front desk clerk was friendly and treated me like an honored friend. The ladies in the concierge lounge were terrific, very friendly and I saw them keeping check on the temperature of the food available in the lounge and everything was sooooo good. The beds were so soft and comfy it was hard to get up and go to work. Room was very clean.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank re3ver

Good day,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at the Peoria Marriott Pere Marquette.

The hotel team and I were so very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Please know that we will continue to strive to offer you excellent food and service each time that you visit.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

The Pere Marquette has a lot of history behind it. Unfortunately, with the remodeling done by Marriott, there is not too much of the old historical atmosphere left. The entrance is spacious, bellhop was very friendly, the staff were very helpful, and our room was nice. There is a restaurant in the hotel, but there is no complimentary breakfast. While construction is still underway, we had to use the valet, which is an additional fee. We were not happy with the total cost. (Could have stayed a block away, for half the price.)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rtirdtchr
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I remember quite well the Pere Marquette Hotel from decades ago. I am familiar with the major renovations that Marriott undertook in Proiidence, RI and Chicago so I was quite excited about seeing the renovated Pere Maqrquette when I was in Central Illinois.

They have done a fantastic and beautiful job with the hotel. It is truly gorgeous. They have made the rooms larger and with all the modern day amenities that were, apparently, lacking in the Pere Marquette. The professional, courteous, helpful staff from the doorman to the front desk employees to the restaurants, and to the housekeeping staff were just outstanding--each and every one. of them A very, very impressive staff

I didnt get to have dinner in the restaurant but did have breakfast a couple of times, The meals were excellent. During one breakfast the chef over and introduced himself. He was very, very pleasant and nice.

I did have a snack in the lobby lounge area a couple of times. As in the restaurant, the staff in the lounge was extremely pleasant, courteous and helpful. The snacks were also delicious.

The stay at the hotel was a most delightful and wonderful experience. that, sadly, isnt too often the case now days in customer service in the hospitality industry or any other industry. I think that Marriott wil do quite well with this property.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business