“Had a Blast!!”

Caterpillar Visitors Center
Ranked #2 of 40 things to do in Peoria
More attraction details
Owner description: The Caterpillar Visitors Center is a fascinating look at the company, the iron and the people making sustainable progress possible around the world. From the humble beginnings of the first tractor to the company's present-day leadership in building infrastructure and powering the planet — it's all right here on Peoria's beautiful riverfront. We invite you to experience Caterpillar like never before and plan your visit today.
Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

I'm very glad I was able to visit. Growing up around heavy machinery my whole life I didn't think it was going to be of much interest but I learned a great deal about the company's history and current projects. Getting to sit in the cab of many of the pieces of equipment was nice as well. Very interactive and informative. Getting to see all of the newer control models was a great bit of fun!

2  Thank MFM19

Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Gr8 place for the whole family to learn abt Caterpillar & kids to explore on the large yellow construction vehicles!

1  Thank Meggyz
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Spent over 2 1/2 hours here, a lot of hands on equipment, and video narrations. Kids from ages 3-13 were with us and all enjoyed it. The only downside was that most of the videos duplicated information, and the staff representatives could only answer generic information.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Although parts of it feel like an extended commercial for Caterpillar, we all enjoyed the exhibits. Grown-ups enjoyed climbing in to the seat of the equipment as much as the many children who were visiting that day. A great way to feel like a kid and pretend you are playing in a big sandbox.

1  Thank Dawn S
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Took my father-in-law, three sons and two grandsons on my last day of work as a Cat employee (retired with 38 years). Very impressed with the professionalism of the staff and the movie theater in a mock-up of a 797 Truck was neat! Also appreciated the ability to climb around the various types of equipment on display and the operator 3D training stations were a big hit with my grandsons. A fair amount of space dedicated to the history and legacy of Caterpillar, but I was expecting more than 1-2 pieces of historic equipment (after all, Cat has done so much for the industry over the years). I wasn't disappointed (nor was the rest of my party), but it is too bad a company of Caterpillar's caliber doesn't have a full blown museum showcasing their many significant contributions for the past 80+ years.

2  Thank Carl H