“Nice Manager, Challenged staff”

good tequila's mexican grill
Ranked #79 of 393 Restaurants in Peoria
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: a great mexican food restaurant in Peoria. excellent and friendly service with great food and reasonable prices / specials. should be listed
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Nice Manager, Challenged staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

We go here on Sundays, when we don't want a crowd and when the doors 1st open for lunch. (gets crowded around noon). The food is good but some of the staff doesn't speak english. Our last visit was frustrating and thankfully they changed our server. Unless you have a great server that can explain the dishes, best to have an idea what you want. Don't order the wine...seemed old. Best bet is the margherrita or beer. The price is good, the decor is fun and the atmosphere is casual. Not bad. Not great.

• Visited June 2014

Boston, Massachusetts
“Don't go here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

I am usually a very positive reviewer but feel I must warn people about the incredibly poor food quality at this place. It seemed most of it came from a can. Our server seemed rushed and very tense. We did not eat our food and we're not asked why and just decided to never to return.

1 Thank Connie T
Gurnee, Illinois
“Traveling Salesman”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

I ordered the Chlie Verde. It wasn't on the menu but Chile Colorado was and I asked them to switch the red for the green sauce. The Verde sauce was tasty. My problem was in the description of the dish they stated "chucks" of meat and it was "strips" used in burritos. I can't stand it when what is served doesn't match the description!
The rice and beans were average.
Salsa was fair but the chips were better than expected and served warm. They may make them here.
I won't be back

Texarkana, Texas
“Lunch break”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

A few counterparts and myself stopped here for lunch during the week. We went early and there was no crowd. Plenty of seating at that time. It did get much more crowded as the time went. I think that means we were early for our lunch but you'll have days like that. Back to the lunch....
The service was great. Friendly, pleasant and very prompt. The food was also great. I had a lunch special, the others ordered from the menu. All was presented very well. The comments from the other guys leads me to believe theirs was just as good as mine. No complaints at all about the food or prices. I will go back to there to try a dinner soon. If you are looking for a good Mexican lunch and on the west or north side of Peoria, this is a place to stop. If your experience was like mine, you won't be disappointed.

• Visited May 2014
Peoria, Illinois
“Every Good Choice for Casual Mexican Dining”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

We've patronized this restaurant for several years and it has been a consistently pleasing experience. Staff is friendly and professional, the menu is extensive, and the food is hot, flavorful and promptly delivered to the table. The atmosphere is clean and pleasantly casual. Being used to spicy food we find the "spicy" dishes a bit mild, but food quality is very good as is the value. A reliable choice.

• Visited July 2013