“Don't go here”

good tequila's mexican grill
Ranked #74 of 409 Restaurants in Peoria
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: a great mexican food restaurant in Peoria. excellent and friendly service with great food and reasonable prices / specials. should be listed
Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

I am usually a very positive reviewer but feel I must warn people about the incredibly poor food quality at this place. It seemed most of it came from a can. Our server seemed rushed and very tense. We did not eat our food and we're not asked why and just decided to never to return.

1  Thank Connie T

Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

I ordered the Chlie Verde. It wasn't on the menu but Chile Colorado was and I asked them to switch the red for the green sauce. The Verde sauce was tasty. My problem was in the description of the dish they stated "chucks" of meat and it was "strips" used in burritos. I can't stand it when what is served doesn't match the description!
The rice and beans were average.
Salsa was fair but the chips were better than expected and served warm. They may make them here.
I won't be back

Reviewed May 7, 2014

A few counterparts and myself stopped here for lunch during the week. We went early and there was no crowd. Plenty of seating at that time. It did get much more crowded as the time went. I think that means we were early for our lunch but you'll have days like that. Back to the lunch....
The service was great. Friendly, pleasant and very prompt. The food was also great. I had a lunch special, the others ordered from the menu. All was presented very well. The comments from the other guys leads me to believe theirs was just as good as mine. No complaints at all about the food or prices. I will go back to there to try a dinner soon. If you are looking for a good Mexican lunch and on the west or north side of Peoria, this is a place to stop. If your experience was like mine, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

We've patronized this restaurant for several years and it has been a consistently pleasing experience. Staff is friendly and professional, the menu is extensive, and the food is hot, flavorful and promptly delivered to the table. The atmosphere is clean and pleasantly casual. Being used to spicy food we find the "spicy" dishes a bit mild, but food quality is very good as is the value. A reliable choice.

Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stopped in here for the first time after seeing people with huge margaritas sitting outside. We were seated right away and the service was very fast. The place is a little fancier than most run of the mill Mexican places around here. Ill be back