“Restaurant Peoria | Best Sandwich | Dining Peoria | Food Restaurants”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Famous City Bistro

Famous City Bistro
Ranked #175 of 393 Restaurants in Peoria
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Peoria, Illinois
“Restaurant Peoria | Best Sandwich | Dining Peoria | Food Restaurants”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

Great restaurant in Peoria! Best Sandwiches!

My wife and I ate at Famous City Bistro restaurant in Peoria two nights ago and we both loved it. I had the Philly Cheesesteak and she had the Memphis Pulled Pork.

It came on kind of a weird shaped plate, but my cheesesteak was great. The menu says “RIB-EYE, SLICED THIN & GRILLED WITH FIRE-ROASTED ONIONS & PEPPERS ON A HOAGIE ROLL. WE SERVE ’EM WITH WHITE AMERICAN, PROVOLONE OR CHEEZ WHIZ.” I had the white american and it was great and gooey!

My wife said the pulled pork (which came on the same weird plate) was so juicy and tender! Their menu says "SMOKED FOR OVER 12 HOURS IN OUR ROTISSERIE SMOKER WITH CHERRY & HICKORY WOOD. SERVED ON A GRILLED GOLDEN BUN. “BETTER ASK FOR EXTRA NAPKINS FOR THIS ONE!”. They have several different sauces to choose from on the table and she liked the St. Louis sauce. Said it was great.

Service was good. Waitress was pleasant.

Visited April 2012