“Nice and Quiet Dinner”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I took our neighbor to the Fish House for dinner early on a Sunday evening. Our waitress was courteous and attentive. I ordered off of the early bird menu (you can save quite a bit when you arrive before 6pm). My husband ordered off of the regular menu. Our neighbor ordered an appetizer as a entree. I ordered a cup of clam chowder which was good but not hot. Our dinner was delicious. When the bill arrived, the waitress had charged my meal as full price which I had no idea when she brought my dinner to me with the number of shrimps. If you do order from the early bird menu, be sure to state it or they will go straight to the full price menu. Personally, I wasn't thrilled but since I had already eaten the meal I had no place to argue with the price. I have learned for next time to be more specific and I pass this on to all of you readers because is lost about $10 tonight. I will return only because this detail can be rectified and I think the waitress was really new. I had to ask her for the dinner specials. Our overall experience minus this bill mishap was good.

2  Thank Reyna Y

Reviewed November 20, 2013

I went to the Fish House based on a recomendation from a Client. This was an Amazing place Great Service and Even Better Food!!

2  Thank Christopher S
Reviewed October 14, 2013

On short notice we were able to get a table for six people for dinner. Our waiter was pleasant and explained the dinner specials, house wines and answered all questions without hesitation.

The food was served without any undo delays. All food was served at appropriate temperature. In fact we were surprised the food was just perfect as served.
The menu offered a wide variety of seafood. We were very surprised with the selection.

It was an enjoyable evening with friends!!

2  Thank Glen J
Reviewed October 4, 2013

The food was great, the service wasn't so great. We were one of the first tables sat and by the main course our waiter had forgotten about us. At one point he said " I'm busy with another table." when we simply asked for our check. Very good food; but need a little work on the service.

2  Thank jodyrluv
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We live in Bloomington/Normal - unfortunately, there is not a single seafood restaurant in our town, which is surprising. So we drive 45 miles to Peoria to go to the Fish House. I lived in Chicagoland for 26 years prior to moving downstate, so I guess I'm spoiled when it comes to good seafood. However, the Fish House really is the best you can get in Central Illinois, in my opinion. The raw oysters were very good, although one time a few weren't cut from the shell properly. I had the Oskar Grouper, which was delicious. The crab turnover appetizer is really good too. My wife also enjoyed her meal, which had scallops, shrimp and some fish. We've been there 3 times now, and have no complaints. Prices are also reasonable for a seafood restaurant. Service is friendly too.

2  Thank TrytoFocus