“BEST EVER” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Families with children
Peoria, Illinois, United States
“BEST EVER”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

hands down wonderful, best sushi in IL!! rice is always great, fish is always fresh!.................................................................................

Visited September 2012
11 Thank kimberly S

Peoria, Illinois
“Our Favorite Sushi Restaurant in Peoria”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

We have eaten at Sushigawa since moving to Peoria 7 years ago. We nearly had withdrawal when they closed for a few months when they moved to their new location just down the strip mall from their present location. Yes, there are other good sushi places in Peoria and some horrible places too. But Sushigawa is definitely our favorite. We do go for the service and Sue is our waitress whenever we go and she is there. I think Sue makes the food even better. The menu is somewhat limited, as has been mentioned in other reviews, but it covers everything we love. Is it as vast as those sushi places we have eaten in San Francisco, or Tokyo? No. But the fish is always fresh, the restaurant is always clean, and Sushigawa will remain our favorite sushi restaurant in Peoria!

• Visited September 2012
11 Thank Eyedoc44
Washington, Illinois
“My favorite sushi spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

I have been going to Sushigawa since I moved to Peoria and this is my favorite place when I've got a craving for sushi. they have a nice location and the sushi is always very tasty. I've always had good service whether I have visited for lunch or dinner. It's pricey if you compare it to a burger joint or something, but you get what you pay for and I think it's worth it.

• Visited June 2012
12 Thank ThreeLittleBirdsIL
Groveland, Illinois
“Great fresh sushi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2012

I love Sushigawa. Fresh, attractive sushi. Delicious edamame and they have a wonderful salad with ginger dressing. The marinated veggies are good, too. I have been there too many times to count and it is always fantastic. I love the spicy tuna roll and the dynamite roll. The service has always been great, too.

Visited July 2011
12 Thank adj311
Atlanta, Georgia
“Best restaurant in Peoria”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

I'm not sure why Sushigawa only has 6 reviews. Is it just because they reopened a couple of doors down from their old location? It doesn't matter~Sushigawa is the best restaurant in Peoria. Every time we are in town, we make sure to stop as often as we can during our visit. We have been to many sushi places across the US and Sushigawa is among the best. The sushi is fresh, the staff is friendly, and the prices are reasonable. We tried Osaka once just to see if we were missing something and we will never go back. Sushigawa has a long standing reputation for quality. It never disappoints!

• Visited January 2012
13 Thank MChef

Been to Sushigawa? Share your experiences!