“Need to call daddy!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Jim's Steakhouse
Ranked #12 of 389 Restaurants in Peoria
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Daytona Beach, Florida
“Need to call daddy!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

We flew in to Peoria for a very special family event and for weeks wanted to plan a very special evening with some of our family and chose Jim's for dinner. Four of us ordered steaks and when mine was delivered it was cooked well done instead of medium. Of course they offered to cook another steak which they did. By the time my steak arrived the rest of the table were finished with their meals. I cut into my steak and it was RAW! At that point I gave up and we called for the manager. A young man approaches the table and states, "I am not sure what to do I will need to all my father!" No kidding... those were his words! We told him to please go call daddy as our whole dinner evening had been ruined and at this point I was not going to wait any longer since everyone else was done with dinner. He returns to the table and says (and I quote) "I decided not to call dad because he has worked a lot of hours and he needs a day off but I will take your steak off the check!" REALLY? How nice you are not going to charge me for a steak I never got! NO OTHER COMPENSATION FOR RUINING OUR DINNER WE HAD FLOWN IN FROM FLORIDA TO HAVE! In addition he made a 'smart aleck' comment about and thank you for being so nice... in other words.... how dare you complain. I spent several hundred dollars for dinner for the rest of the table and never had dinner. I would not go back on a bet. I know even the finest restaurants make mistakes and have problems but the lack of concern and outrageous behavior of 'management' was totally unacceptable. The least they could have done was by a lousy round of drinks!

• Visited June 2013

Morton, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Steaks! Poor service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

I have had several good meals at Jim's in the past with couples. However, this time I brought 3 other females with me before the Luke Bryan concert. The steaks were amazing but the service was poor. The four of us were aware of the superior service at the tables surrounding us. We were never even told the specials for the evening. We had allowed plenty of time before the concert so that we wouldn't be rushed. Too bad, I probably won't return for quite some time.

• Visited June 2013
Illinois
“Great steaks as usual”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

Wife and I had an early dinner before another engagement and had another great meal (steaks). Service was excellent and very attentive but we had 5 PM seating so we "beat the crowd" before they got very busy. A bit noisy when the dining room fills up which makes it somewhat difficult for table conversation for those of us with diminished hearing. The lounge is available for dining, has a pleasant atmosphere and is usually less noisy. Probably the best steak menu in Peoria with a longtime loyal following by we "locals".

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Gene W
eureka, il
“A classy place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

We love the food, which is out of this world. We love the music which is diverse and wonderful. We love the atmosphere which is rich and yet relaxing. A great place to eat!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank nurse4death
Evansville, Indiana
“Consistently Excellent Steaks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

If you enjoy a traditional excellent steak house, I highly recommend Jim's Steakhouse. I have visited Jim's on three occasions during the last year and a half. Steaks for all in my party on each visit were excellent. A bit pricey, but very good value for the money.

• Visited March 2013