“A classy place!”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We love the food, which is out of this world. We love the music which is diverse and wonderful. We love the atmosphere which is rich and yet relaxing. A great place to eat!

1  Thank nurse4death

Reviewed March 28, 2013

If you enjoy a traditional excellent steak house, I highly recommend Jim's Steakhouse. I have visited Jim's on three occasions during the last year and a half. Steaks for all in my party on each visit were excellent. A bit pricey, but very good value for the money.

1  Thank Sam1800
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I stopped for dinner the other night at Jim's and wow what a great steak. The place was great. The service was excellent and the steak was made perfectly.

1  Thank Aaron F
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I saw reviews for this place on Trip Advisor and we talked about going, but didn't want to worry about reservations...decided to play it by ear. We were headed to the Civic Center to see Jersey Boys and the nice guy at the parking garage also suggested Jim's...it was right across the street. What a beautiful place, very old school and classic. The maitre d' was very polite and they got us in on a very busy Saturday without reservations. We asked if we could even get a table in the bar, knowing we couldn't be choosy with no reservations, but they got us into the restaurant. Loved the candles on the tables, art on the walls and yes, the harpist. Everyone was incredibly friendly and professional, from the young men pouring water and clearing tables, to our server, to the host at the door. I had Filet Mignon (it is a steakhouse, so...when in Rome!) and it was very good. Baked potato was huge. My husband had Chicken Marsala. Also very good (although how could you not order steak??!). Both of us had large portions and left really satisfied with the food and the whole experience. Price was not high for a good steakhouse and far less than you would pay in the suburbs or a bigger city..plus salad and potato was included. It is a nice place but not pretentious or stuffy... lovely!

1  Thank a_raquel76
Reviewed February 4, 2013

This was my fourth trip to Peoria for a music conference and my fourth trip to Jim's Steakhouse. We went on a extremely busy night Friday night and there was a line for tables. I went up to the bar and asked the bartender if he could set up a table in the bar that looked like wasn't being used for seating that evening. He said yes, and took care of us for the rest of the night even though he was swamped with customers. We had great service and good steaks, and I think the prices are reasonable. The atmosphere is very dark and moody like an old-fashioned steakhouse should be. I highly recommend this restaurant.