“Consistently Excellent Steaks”

Jim's Steakhouse
Ranked #12 of 394 Restaurants in Peoria
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Evansville, Indiana
“Consistently Excellent Steaks”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

If you enjoy a traditional excellent steak house, I highly recommend Jim's Steakhouse. I have visited Jim's on three occasions during the last year and a half. Steaks for all in my party on each visit were excellent. A bit pricey, but very good value for the money.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Sam1800

Aurora, Illinois
“Great place for a Steak. A must visit”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I stopped for dinner the other night at Jim's and wow what a great steak. The place was great. The service was excellent and the steak was made perfectly.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Aaron F
Aledo, Illinois
“What a lovely treat!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I saw reviews for this place on Trip Advisor and we talked about going, but didn't want to worry about reservations...decided to play it by ear. We were headed to the Civic Center to see Jersey Boys and the nice guy at the parking garage also suggested Jim's...it was right across the street. What a beautiful place, very old school and classic. The maitre d' was very polite and they got us in on a very busy Saturday without reservations. We asked if we could even get a table in the bar, knowing we couldn't be choosy with no reservations, but they got us into the restaurant. Loved the candles on the tables, art on the walls and yes, the harpist. Everyone was incredibly friendly and professional, from the young men pouring water and clearing tables, to our server, to the host at the door. I had Filet Mignon (it is a steakhouse, so...when in Rome!) and it was very good. Baked potato was huge. My husband had Chicken Marsala. Also very good (although how could you not order steak??!). Both of us had large portions and left really satisfied with the food and the whole experience. Price was not high for a good steakhouse and far less than you would pay in the suburbs or a bigger city..plus salad and potato was included. It is a nice place but not pretentious or stuffy... lovely!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank a_raquel76
“Nice Atmosphere”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

This was my fourth trip to Peoria for a music conference and my fourth trip to Jim's Steakhouse. We went on a extremely busy night Friday night and there was a line for tables. I went up to the bar and asked the bartender if he could set up a table in the bar that looked like wasn't being used for seating that evening. He said yes, and took care of us for the rest of the night even though he was swamped with customers. We had great service and good steaks, and I think the prices are reasonable. The atmosphere is very dark and moody like an old-fashioned steakhouse should be. I highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited January 2013
Morton, Illinois
“Expensive but good”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

The dining room is of average size. The service is average speed. Food is very good, but somewhat limited in selection. Pricy. Good lamb. Best lobster in Peoria but very expensive. Parking is in attached garage - very convenient especially in bad weather- no charge after 6 pm.

Visited September 2012