“Smo-king does ribs best”
Review of Smo-King Pit

Smo-King Pit
Ranked #20 of 410 Restaurants in Peoria
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I have never had ribs this good in my life! Hands down, a rib snob at heart, this place took my spot for best ribs e-vah. Nicest people, saucy, and hearty. Love it. Don't let the mall location fool you, it's amazing.

Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

I would definitely stop by and try the food. I have not had anything bad from here. I think my favorite is the nachos with the pulled pork, and then coat it with their bbq sauce.. Very very good! My kids also enjoy their ribs, and their burgers. It is located in the mall down by sears. This is definitely one other best bbq places in Peoria.

Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful Peoria BBQ, my favorite is the beef brisket. Great family owned restaurant. Great service and friendly.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

The rib tips are excellent. Perfectly smoked, not as tender as they could be, but none the less I would give them an 8 out of 10. The catfish was FANTASTIC!! Not greasy at all and the breading was thin, complimenting the catfish, not covering it up. The cole slaw is sweet and creamy, just the way it should be. The brisket was my only dissapointment. It was a 10 out of 10 for tenderness, but mediocre in the flavor department. All in all, I would, and will go back. HIGHLY reccomend.

Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

We've been eating in or carrying out for about 3 years now. Best sign to me of true quality barbecue is when it is served almost immediately because it has been slow cooking for hours and that is the case here. The staff is pleasant and the owner is usually on site working in the kitchen. The real deal in my book.