New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Peoria
Wheaton, Illinois
“Relaxing visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I was here in late July by myself for two days and then again over August 24-25 weekend to drop our son off at college. It is a drive from Bradley University, but it's very quiet here and the rooms are clean and the beds are wonderfully comfortable. On the August visit, it was 4 of us and we had a blast playing keep-away in the pool and relaxing in the hot tub as a family before we dropped my son off to stay at college. When we checked in, my husband mentioned that he might like to come back to play golf with my son and the great hotel reception, Lana came up to our room and gave him the brochure that she couldn't find at first. Then I mentioned that the one thing my son forgot was a toothbrush and she hunted for and gave us two. She was great. Very helpful with my son and daughter playing pool at the pool too. The breakfast was fine too.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Can't say enough about staff who suggest great places to eat, to being careful of a speed trap in a certain area of town. They always make me believe they remember me from previous visits (business brings me here 4 or 5 times a year). Concern for my 'new' cane or ask if I have tied the knot yet...you know things that make you feel like so much more than a number, more like family.
I have always found it clean and quiet with a well appointed breakfast, if I have to be 3 hours from home then this is where I wasnt to be.

2 Thank Hopeysmom2
Tinley Park, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

If you keep asking, I will keep telling you the same thing. It's been approximately 3 years that I have been staying (by choice) at AmericInn Peoria. Lots of choices to stay in Peoria, "but", I keep returning to the AmericINN. Another name I like to refer too is "Jan's Place". because it's just like home, and there's no better place than home ! Jan Quinton and the rest of her staff, most notably Ayler Beale, are gracious, friendly, helpful, good breakfast too. Nope........I don't even think twice coming to Peoria, I know where I'm staying. YOU SHOULD TOO!!!.
"You go Girls".......Jim B. 8/23/13

Room Tip: Tell them Jim B sent you.......
1 Thank Jim B
Racine, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I have been staying at the AmericINN on a weekly basis since July 2011. This is my home away from home. The staff is wonderful! Rooms are fresh and clean. Location is great for business on the north end of town.

1 Thank Steve P
Appleton, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

The hotel was on the edge of Peoria on a major street with access to the downtown and riverfront. The room was clean and comfortable; however, the sink water pressure was very low. Lana at the front desk went out her way to show us the way to the Peoria Chiefs ball park.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor front of the building. There was no noise from the busy street nearer the b...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jane K
Anderson, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Have stayed here many times on business and the staff and the rooms are excellent. The company has an arrangement on a lower price per night and we have had no issues with direct billing the company. There is a good breakfast daily and drinks/snacks in the evenings during the school year. Nice pool area and exercise facility. This hotel does have very large suites with in-room jet tubs with large living room and they do have at least one room with a fireplace. Just like being home....and very comfortable place to stay. I love the cookies that are fresh baked each evening and the popcorn in the lobby.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite for the same price as the regular double queen room. If it is not booked, you will...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Wellsburg, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed for here before (spring of 2013) and since that they have put in new carpeting, done some redecorating and expanded the fitness room! I love the changes that have been made. Especially fitness room upgrades. :) They added a step w/dvd player and a few new pieces of equipment. The pool is a nice one too! The staff is always friendly and helpful.
We also love the location of the hotel...not too busy but plenty of good places to eat nearby.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family