“Will Not Stay Here Again” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of AmericInn Lodge & Suites Peoria

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Peoria
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Peoria
Winter Park, Florida
“Will Not Stay Here Again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2011

During 4th of July weekend, my mother booked a room here for my wife, baby and me. She was of the understanding that she had paid for the room. Upon arrival, they knew nothing about her paying for it, so I paid for it. After getting some groceries at a nearby store, we thought we'd poke our heads in the pool area just to check it out before going up to our room. The front desk employee, an older woman with short, white hair, yelled at us for trying to taking food into the pool area. To us, it was obvious that we weren't going to bring two grocery bags next to the pool to eat, but rules are rules, I guess. We set down our groceries on a table, opened the door to the pool, looked inside and went up to the room. Later, in the early afternoon, my wife grabbed two napkins from their breakfast/dining area, and again, this woman yelled across the lobby at us. The other people in the area all turned and stared at us, like we had done something terribly wrong. This woman could have simply told us or explained to us the situation (or even waited to see if we actually did something truly wrong) before making my wife and I feel like we were teenagers trying to get away with something. This is completely unprofessional and not how to retain our business. The person at the front desk represents the hotel, and this person should be trained on how to interact with customers. Yelling across the lobby is definitely enough to make me stay away from this hotel.

Room Tip: If you are forced to stay here for some reason, ask for the rules up front. Otherwise, you risk hav...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
9 Thank Thomas B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Byron, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

We've stayed at this hotel many times, over 30. We'll continue to stay with them because of the tremndous staff, the great service, the outstanding accomidations, the taste breakfast, and the welcome and friendly atmosphere. If I was starting a hotel business, I'd try to hire all the staff from this Americinn. Mike and Ruth Morgan

• Stayed October 2011
3 Thank mmorgan47
Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

Probably one of the most reasonable and nice places to stay in the Peoria area. The pool and hot tub are nice. The staff was nice but the manager was not the best person to deal with. Internet was so-so, when asked about the slowness, no one got back to you. I have stayed here a few times while in the area. There are a few places to eat withing walking distance and a grocery store and gas station in the area about a block away. The rooms were clean. Breakfast was good; eggs, sausages, rolls, biscuits and gravy, etc. A nice overall place to stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank WItraveler2000
Centerville, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2011

I have spent the last 4 years traveling the country and have stayed in a variety of excellent hotels.While some are fancier, I do not believe I have ever had the level of service that I recieve here. I cannot say enough about the staff here. Well Done!

Room Tip: They have recently redone them, I think they are all pretty good
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Mike W
rutland uk
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2011

Stayed here on business for 4 nights, 2 in one of the suites and 2 in a standard room facing the car park. If I had been paying $160 per night for the suite whilst on vacation I would have been disappointed....the suite was quiet but the furnishings are from the 1990s, out of date and tired looking. The sitting area was dark since it has no windows. Bed linen was clean but worn. There was no wardrobe in the suite (just an open rail with hangers), nor a desk to sit at with a laptop. After 2 nights I transferred to a standard room and this seemed nicer.
However, the staff at the AmericInn were extremely friendly and helpful and for that reason I quite enjoyed my stay there.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank RutlandUkRob
Texas, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

Location is close to freeway exit and small airport. No traffic or aircraft noise. Nice lobby. Very courteous front desk. Breakfast area very well maintained and well stocked with the usual items. Spacious room was very clean and quiet. Good for business travelers - if the area is right. Restaurants nearby.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank RalphRR
indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2011

I booked the AmericInn for 2 non consecutive nights, 9-7 and 9-9. We went on the Spirit of Peoria paddle boat trip to Starved Rock (that is another review). Being unfamiliar with the brand, I nevertheless booked the rooms. I was so pleasantly surprised. Everything, and I mean everything, about the hotel, staff, room, and breakfast was beyond good. It was also the quietest hotel I have ever been in for sleeping at night. On our 9-9 stay there were 4 busloads of high school students that were running in a huge cross county invite the next morning. We never heard them at all. The hotel prides itself on being "quiet" and lives up to its' reputation.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family