“Last Minute booked and worth it”

SpringHill Suites Peoria Westlake
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Peoria
Tripoli, Libya
“Last Minute booked and worth it”
Reviewed November 17, 2010

this was booked by a business partner and it was more than what I expected the staff is more than helpfull but the noise of the A\C unit is unbearable add to that some wiered dripping noise from the room above my room, i stayed here for three nights. the location is amazing plenty of place where to eat a mall is acroos the street located near the high-way easy access. overall i would recommend it for business trips.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed October 29, 2010

My son was married October 23, 2010. Our guests stayed at SpringHill Suites, some for three days. The Sales Director, Chris, was outstanding to work with. She competenly and professionally took care of all our needs, from room assignments to shuttle transporation to and from the reception venue. We were also impressed by the friendliness and helpfulness of the hotel manager, Jeff, and each of the front desk representatives. All of the employees we came in contact with were the same. The rooms were clean and spacious. The location was perfect for us. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
illinois
Reviewed October 26, 2010

Stayed here two nights (weekend) on a trip to Peoria in early October. We thought it was a very good value and was certainly a hotel we'd recommend. It is not downtown - so, walking to locations in Peoria isn't an option. But, easy access to interstate and main roads and quick trips to pretty much anywhere in the area. Room was clean, very good sized (we had a standard room) and hotel was surprisingly quiet, even though we noticed several groups with kids (soccer teams) staying right down the hallway from us later. Breakfast is included - nothing spectacular, but convenient just the same. Didn't use the pool or other amenities, so no experience there.

Check in/out was quick and painless and desk staff was friendly. Given the size of rooms (suites), we can see that this would a popular place for big groups with lots of kids - so as several reviews suggest, we could see it possibly getting loud or very busy at times. But, as I say, there were plenty of people there the same time as we were and we only noticed them because we shared elevators.

We would certainly stay here again without any concern.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
hayward
Reviewed October 25, 2010

Nice hotel, great rooms. Not exactly easy to got to it though.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Portland, Maine
Reviewed October 4, 2010

My family came to Peoria for a funeral of a loved one. SpringHill Suites of Peoria was so welcoming and accommodating to our large group. The manager and staff made us all feel very at home and even let our family gather in the downstairs lobby after our funeral to eat, drink, watch videos of our loved one and reminisce. They even arranged a shuttle bus for us all to get to a local restaurant and back, safely. The rooms were clean, the beds were very very comfortable and our breakfast was wonderful. I could NOT have asked for a better place to stay. Very very impressed. Thanks especially to Julie, for putting up with all of us.

• Stayed September 2010
Chicago, IL
Reviewed September 15, 2010

I was told by business colleagues to choose another location. I called my corporate travel hub but wasn't able to cancel in time. I probably should have stayed somewhere else due to the safety risk, but decided to suck it up and stay anyway. This hotel is near a shopping mall. I chose it based on the location near the freeway. I checked in at 9 pm and was told that there was no better room, so I had to settle with a ground floor room near the elevator and the breakfast area. It was very noisy! That wasn't any big deal - I was so tired it didn't really matter. I chased 2 flies around my room until I finally successfully swatted them about 2 hours later, but was grossed out as this forced me to look at all the "ick" in the room. I put my shoes back on, got out my Lysol wipes and had a terrible night's sleep as a result of this (sometimes ignorance is bliss!). Not to mention, there were several people just mulling around the parking lot for no reason and the mall security had a visible presence... like that was supposed to be reassurring. My staff told me to avoid this hotel due to the "crack' hotel located near this property.... I should have listened! It wasn't horrible, but I was very disappointed in this Marriott property!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank ArmyNurse2
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed August 26, 2010

I checked into the SpringHill Suites and was immediately greeted with a smiling face. A dark haired young woman (I believe the Asst. Manager). She checked me in quickly, explaining the amenities offered and sent me happily on my way. When I entered my room it smelled fresh and was clean, which is very important. It is not the "new" style of SpringHill Marriotts that I've stayed in before, but has a classic design for hotels. The breakfast attendant in the morning was a delight, as well. Breakfast was the standard buffet, hot eggs, sausage, fruits, cereals, etc Overall, a very pleasant stay. And it was close to my work site. This is my hotel of choice for my many upcoming visits to the Peoria area!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business