“Bring earplugs!”

Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Peoria
Belgium
“Bring earplugs!”
Reviewed July 6, 2010

Staff is friendly and helpfull, when you ask them a questions, they'll respond...
They have a small gym, but in case this doesn't cover your requirements, they can offer entrance to a commercial gym nearby. Nice extra is the swimming pool, not too big, but of decent size to actually swim some laps.
I was also happy with the big flatscreen in the room, but then again the range of channels offered is limited.

Now on the AC... I flew in from Belgium, so I had a lengthy trip behind me and was really exhausted when I got to the hotel. With the noise the aircondintioning unit made, even the 7 hour jetlag couldn't help me get to sleep. It would just switch itself on and off the whole night. Switching it off was not an option with outside temperatures in the upper 80 range (Fahrenheit that is).
Luckily I had kept the earplugs from the airplane and managed to get some sleep after all.
So in summary: bring earplugs, in case you forgot, the local supermarket has a whole range.
Don't know about the standards of this type of hotels in the US, but I'm sure better can be found.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Madison, Maine
Reviewed May 11, 2010

The location is a little sketchy to begin with. My room looked out on the back side of a strip mall. The front of the hotel faced an pretty run-down hotel with rooms starting at $39.95 a night. The hotel itself was clean enough and the breakfast availability was certainly convenient. The bed was reasonably comfortable and the big flat screen TV was a pleasant surprise. While the staff was pleasant enough at the desk, they were not exactly the height of comforting professionalism with their vague attentions. In fact, one of the desk clerks looked more like a nurses aide in scrubs then a hotel clerk. That pretty well sums up my positives. On the downside: the air conditioning unit was a noisy nuisance. Every time it kicked on at night, and it was necessary to not swelter in my room, I was awake. The lighting over the sink area was horrendous for getting ready in the morning in terms of make-up application and hair styling. There certainly was no convincing sense of security here and as a single female business traveler that was a little disconcerting. Admittedly it may have been overkill, but for me to fall asleep at night I resorted to bracing the door with the large chair in my room before crawling into bed. I've never stayed in a Springhill Suites before, so I am not sure if this is the expected norm, but since I will be staying at another one in a few weeks I can only hope the experience is a little higher quality then this one in Peoria.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank PrincessPalmTree
Manteno, IL
Reviewed May 1, 2010

Stayed for a tournament so as always it is a bit hectic. The rooms were clean, but a little outdated for a SpringHill. The breakfast was good and well stocked even with all kids.
A typical SpringHill stay.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Manteno
Champaign, Illinois
Reviewed January 11, 2010

These people made me check out, without a refund, because I took some pictures of my friend wearing a cocktail dress in the lobby. Imagine the sheer horror of the situation if she had gotten into her bathing suit and used the pool! The General Manager, rather than bother to SEE THE PHOTOGRAPHIC EVIDENCE has chosen to be a complete imbecile and totally alienate what HAD been a loyal Marriott customer. Good Job, Jeff McLinden.

This hotel was a freaking zoo, with kids as WELL as adults running through the hallways in swimsuits - and my guest in a cocktail dress was inappropriate? Shame on you, Jeff McLinden - you are a travesty within the travel industry.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank PissedOffPhotog
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed January 7, 2010

On New Year's Day, in the evening, my husband and I were traveling and broke down on the interstate in Peoria, IL. Since we were unable to go any further we stopped at the nearest hotel, SpringHill Suites (Marriott) in Peoria, IL. Julie and Michael were working at the desk and we explained our situation, told them we had packed no bags, and asked if they had any rooms available. Both of them were very accommodating, to say the least. We were not only given an awesome rate but they also supplied us with toiletries. Michael also offered to take us anywhere we needed to go. We took him up on the offer and so he took us to the nearest Walmart to get other things we needed. He asked if we needed to go anywhere else, but we told him we were okay and very grateful for what he and Julie had already done for us. Not only were they accommodating and very friendly, but we also had a nice, clean, and warm room (for it was very cold out that evening). The hotel too was very nice and clean. We left early the next morning to get our car fixed, so we opted on not eating breakfast the hotel provided. Nonetheless, we enjoyed our stay and would most definitely stay there again. Thank you Michael and Julie!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
peoria
Reviewed October 2, 2009

I was very pleased with the staff mainly Laura, the meeting banquet coordinator, she was very attentive to all of our needs and I would reccomend this Spring Hill for anyone needing meeting and or banquet services. Very accomodating with very good service!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Colorado
Reviewed September 7, 2009

First time we have stayed at SpringHill Suites. Beware if you use a Debit card, they charge the room rate plus another room rate charge and hold that for three days before they refund it, the only place I've ever seen this done! So we used a credit card which they don't do that with. The room was nice with a 40" flat screen, a business desk and small living room wiht kitchen. Our toilet wasn't flushing properly when we arrived so we called the front desk to have it addressed, they brought up a plunger expecting us to take care of it, which I refused to, especially at 133.00 a night. I thought that was poor customer service since we didn't plug it. The parking was very poor and surrounded the building with poor lighting. Free breakfast buffet was good and plenty of variety. Unfortunately this hotel needs much improvement with customer service and better lighting in the parking area. Next time we will stay somewhere else. I expect much better customer service for the premium price I paid.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple