SpringHill Suites Peoria Westlake
$110
$157
Quality Inn & Suites Peoria(Peoria)(Great Value!)
$71
$95
$105
$49
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfront deskspring hilleasy access to interstatestrip malloatmealconference roomrestaurants and shopsbreakfast attendantwould stay here againbaseball tournamentin townaccommodating staffneeded a place to stayrooms are largechoose this hotelfree breakfasthotel is clean
Reviewed March 8, 2014

I placed several calls to the front desk prior to and during my stay. The desk staff was on par-to a 5 star hotel. They did an exceptional job. The friendliness of the maid service was below average. None of the maids said hello unless spoken to first. The room was contemporary with nice furnishings. quality of the bed linens as well as towels were top notch. The bathroom was good, no complaints. The room was clean. I've noticed a previous reviewer mention that there was no juice machine......there is a Dole juice machine. The breakfast was very good. Loved the oatmeal toppings.

Great location next to the mall. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Andrew S, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Peoria Westlake, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Hi Minnesota Randy,

Thank you for taking the time to review. I'm glad you had a lovely time and I know the front desk will be thrilled when they hear of your comment. Thanks for taking the time to praise our property, it's location, our breakfast juice, and our "top notch" linens! We hope you have another fantastic experience with us in the future.

Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

Rooms were really clean ! The breakfast in the morning was amazing! we were there for only one night but will def. Stay there for all our peoria trips the girl that checked us in was new and she did a great job she was really friendly the other girl was nice as well house keepers were really friendly over all great choice in staff thumbs up to the manager in choosing the staff it would of been great to know they have a shuttle but that was my mistake for not asking before hand could of saved money on a rental car

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Andrew S, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Peoria Westlake, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2014

Dear Jjoe80,

Thanks for taking the time to review us. I'm glad you enjoyed your clean room and amazing breakfast! Thanks for mentioning how friendly our staff was; I know they will be thrilled to hear your praise. Next time you're in town; we'd be happy to pick you up in our shuttle. We hope to see you soon!

Gueset Experience Manager

Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was refreshed in 2013. The hotel skipped the bathrooms on the refresh. Stained toilets and rusty dirty tubs. We were originally put by the second floor ice maker. The ice maker was so loud I had to turn the TV up to a uncomfortable level to mask the sound. I could live with it. The thing I couldn't live with was the dirty stained toilet and the dirty tub. I called the front desk and they moved us to the third floor. The third floor room had a nasty tub as well. Its a shame all the money that was spent on this renovation and the bathrooms were not touched. We had stayed other SpringHill Suites. We assumed this property just completed a refresher it would be up to standards. The breakfast was one of the worst hotel breakfast I have been at. The eggs were disgusting! Yes explanation point. The water downed orange juice was terrible, it was out of an open container in a tray of ice. Most hotels have a machine for juice. The only positive part of the stay was the hotel shuttle. It took us to and from a restaurant for dinner.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Andrew S, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Peoria Westlake, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2014

Dear PutJer1,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I wanted to follow up on a couple of things you mentioned.

You are correct that our property did go through a renovation and remodeling process during this past summer. The entire property was refreshed with the exception of the bathtubs on site. I apologize that our bathtubs did not meet your standards, but I did want to ensure you that our tubs are washed and cleaned daily.

I am also disappointed that our free breakfast did not exceed your expectations. I did want to inform you that you must have stayed with us during a period in which we were trying a new brand of eggs; but based on guest feedback we will be returning to our previous egg brand. Additionally, we will be receiving and installing our new juice dispenser machine on Tuesday. While we were switching juice vendors, we were temporarily serving juice buffet style in glass juice crafts.

Lastly, I'm glad you were able to enjoy our complimentary shuttle and that we were able to help you with your dinner plans.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

We travel quite a bit and have stayed in many Marriott branded properties.

This hotel is near I-74 and a mall with several restaurants nearby. It's about 15 minutes from downtown Peoria (where we went for an event).

Rooms are recently remodeled with nice large fridges (bigger than in most hotel rooms). The rooms are large and seem larger than some other Springhill Suites we have stayed in. Because the building is older, the bathrooms are not the modern kind that the newer Springhill Suites have, but ours was clean and everything worked fine. The beds are comfortable.

The fitness equipment (two treadmills, one elliptical, a bicycle, and weights) was working and decent quality. The room was spotless too. We did not use the pool, so I can't comment on that.

The staff were super, super polite and pleasant.

Because everyone was so nice, I even feel bad writing this, but the breakfast was really subpar and not up to the quality that many other Springhill Suites have. The fresh fruit included one--literally one--banana, when we went there at 8:30 a.m. on a Saturday (when breakfast goes till 10:00). Other Springhill Suites we have visited have had fresh melon, pineapple, and strawberries. While I know there is variety between properties, this was one notably on the low end of the properties we have stayed at. Also, the juice (apple and orange) is served in an open carafe (no lid at all) sitting on a bed of ice. There was also a gallon of milk on the same ice. The only variety of yogurt with sugar (rather than artificial sweetener) was peach, and it was partially frozen. There was the standard Marriott assortment of bread and muffins plus eggs and sausage and two wafflemakers plus oatmeal with toppings.

It's a shame that the breakfast was disappointing because the property itself and the staff are really nice.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Dear ProfandMom,

I'm glad you liked our "nice large fridges" and our spacious rooms! It sounds like you were able to get a great work-out in in our fitness room.

I wanted to apologize to you since our free breakfast was not able to exceed your expectations. We do offer a variety of breakfast selections that alternate based upon the day of the week. On weekdays, we do offer fresh pineapple, strawberries, apples, and bananas. However, the fruit selection does decrease on the weekends as the brand standard weekend menu removes the pineapples and strawberries while adding other breakfast selections such as fruit-flavored waffles. If there is anything you are looking for that is not out on the buffet line in the future; please feel free to ask our staff as we are more than happy to fulfill your request!

Lastly, I wanted to thank you for taking the time to review us and recognize our superb staff. We are very lucky to have some great employees at our property. We hope to have you join us again in the future!

Reviewed January 22, 2014

We travel to Peoria a couple times a year, and usually stay in competing chain's property by the Shops at Grand Praire - but as long time Marriott Rewards members, we wanted to patronize the Marriott brand and chose this SpringHill Suites originally for it's easy commute to the Bradley University area. However, it's proximity to War Memorial Drive makes every last shopping/restaurant/ammenity need, literally almost out the door. It's right off of the freeway, so an easy commute to other commercial areas and they do offer an airport shuttle! The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. In terms of comparison to other SpringHill Suites properties, we've stayed at several in and around the west coast, and while they're all built now on the same 'model', this one is perhaps not quite as *sparkling* as some others we've stayed in. However, the rooms are large per their brand design and again, the staff was very friendly and provided excellent service. We had a housecleaning snaffu, which the mangement staff responded to in a way that exceeded our expectations. It's this kind of service that will keep us coming back!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Andrew S, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Peoria Westlake, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2014

Hello,

I wanted to thank you for trying out our hotel! I'm sorry to hear of the housekeeping "snafu," but I'm glad our staff was able to take corrective action and solve the problem while exceeding your expectations. Lastly, thanks for praising our attentive staff, large rooms, and our great location. We hope to see you on your next trip to the area!