“Good location, nice room size & great staff”

SpringHill Suites Peoria Westlake
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Peoria
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We travel to Peoria a couple times a year, and usually stay in competing chain's property by the Shops at Grand Praire - but as long time Marriott Rewards members, we wanted to patronize the Marriott brand and chose this SpringHill Suites originally for it's easy commute to the Bradley University area. However, it's proximity to War Memorial Drive makes every last shopping/restaurant/ammenity need, literally almost out the door. It's right off of the freeway, so an easy commute to other commercial areas and they do offer an airport shuttle! The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. In terms of comparison to other SpringHill Suites properties, we've stayed at several in and around the west coast, and while they're all built now on the same 'model', this one is perhaps not quite as *sparkling* as some others we've stayed in. However, the rooms are large per their brand design and again, the staff was very friendly and provided excellent service. We had a housecleaning snaffu, which the mangement staff responded to in a way that exceeded our expectations. It's this kind of service that will keep us coming back!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Andrew S, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Peoria Westlake, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2014

Hello,

I wanted to thank you for trying out our hotel! I'm sorry to hear of the housekeeping "snafu," but I'm glad our staff was able to take corrective action and solve the problem while exceeding your expectations. Lastly, thanks for praising our attentive staff, large rooms, and our great location. We hope to see you on your next trip to the area!

Reviewed January 13, 2014

If Marriott is looking for a model hotel for others to emulate, they will find it here. The staff is very attentive and committed to ensuring your stay is pleasant. The hotel is spotless and looks brand new. I travel frequently on business and have stayed in other hotels costing twice as much; the service and quality is better at this one.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Andrew S, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Peoria Westlake, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Hello Mr. Mark,

It sounds like you had an amazing time experiencing our hotel! I'm glad you enjoyed your trip so much and wanted to thank you for recognizing our team here. Thank you for praising our attentive staff, spotless rooms, and our great value. Hopefully we can host you again in the future!

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Great hotel, newly remodeled, near several restaurants. The customer service is outstanding! On the morning of December 17,2013 I went down to the Market Pantry for my morning Diet Mountain Dew, which is my caffeine of choice. They were out of Diet Dew but the front desk staff sent someone to a convince store and bought a couple of Diet Dews and delivered them to me in the Gym. Talk about above and beyond customer service. Most Marriott's exceed customer expectations and the Springhill Suites Peoria Westlake exceeds even more.
By the way this property has a fantastic gym.
THE PLACE to stay in Peoria, IL.

Room Tip: Even number rooms face away from the Interstate.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank dantillweed
Andrew S, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Peoria Westlake, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Hello,

I'm glad you had such a positive experience with us! Thank you for recognizing our wonderful staff as they were thrilled when we shared your kind words with them. We are very proud that we were able to exceed your expectations, that you enjoyed our exercise room, and that you were able to get your drink of choice. We look forward to hosting you again!

Reviewed December 9, 2013

This is a good location, and I had a good experience. When in the area, I would choose this hotel again. There are lots of dining options in the area and shopping as well. Also, its convenient to the highway.

That said, the hotel is sandwiched on the backside of the shopping center (don't let the view of the dumpsters ruin your stay) and on the front side is a property is a motel under renovation. For these reasons, I would not walk to the adjacent shopping area.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Andrew S, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Peoria Westlake, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Thank you for highlighting our proximity to a large selection of local shops and restaurants. I'm glad you enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to seeing you again! I did want to add that we also have a hotel shuttle that travels within 10 miles of the hotel and we'd be more than happy to provide you with future transportation within the surrounding area if you prefer not to walk. Thanks again for sharing your great experience with us!

Reviewed November 29, 2013

The lobby is clean, inviting with the breakfast area right off of it. Every staff member we encountered was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was better than many of the included breakfasts. The room was clean and big enough for a couple. Good water pressure in the shower. The bed was very comfortable. The location is convenient to I-74.

My complaints are related to the room itself. There is a pinging sound coming from the storage/electronics room across the hall from room 201. It goes off every minute. You hear it in the sofa area, but not in bed. The hot water in the sink is tepid at best UNLESS you've run the shower first. Lastly, the coffee pot didn't work. They brought a new one and left the broken one. Odd.

Still, I will stay here again when visiting relatives in this area. The staff and facilities are above average.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank johnsonevv
Andrew S, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Peoria Westlake, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2013

Hello,

I was very pleased that you enjoyed our cleanliness, hot breakfast, and friendly staff at our hotel. I apologize for the noise coming from the storage room and have asked our maintenance team to address it. Likewise, I am glad we were able to resolve the issue with the coffee machine but am also puzzled why the broken machine was not taken from the room. I will investigate to ensure this is corrected. Thank you for taking the time to review us and we look forward to you joining us again in the future!

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Stayed one night this week on business. Have stayed here before and always like this location. Close to restaurants, mall, right of the interstate. Good free breakfast and business center. I've never had a problem here.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Andrew S, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Peoria Westlake, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Thank You for taking the time to review us! I'm glad you enjoyed our excellent location, tasty breakfast, and business center. We look forward to hosting you again!

Reviewed November 18, 2013

We stayed this weekend for a girls shopping trip. The room was in a quiet area on the 5th floor which is a very LONG trek to the ice machine which is on the first floor. The room was very spacious mostly clean the coffee pot was covered in dust. The internet worked well. The only real negative was the mattress. The mattress was so hard and uncomfortable that I have had back spasms for the past two days. I think at least the room I was in could use new mattresses. However, everyone was friendly and I would stay again but I would preview the room mattress before committing.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Andrew S, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Peoria Westlake, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Hello,

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I'm glad you enjoyed the quiet-nature of your stay! I apologize for the 5th floor ice machine being temporary out of order. You must have visited us when we were retiling the area around the ice machines on each floor; however, you'll be happy to know that this project has been completed and the ice machines are once again available on each floor. Likewise, I'm sorry to hear that the mattress was uncomfortable for you. It is an unusual comment for us as I have not heard of any other comments about our mattresses, but if you do have the time please call the hotel to advise us as to which room had the issue so we can further investigate. Additionally, if you did want to see the mattress prior to your next visit, we would be happy to accommodate this request. Lastly, I wanted to thank you for highlighting the friendliness of our staff!