“Ok for 1 night, but needs to be updated”

SpringHill Suites Peoria Westlake
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Peoria
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Springhill Suites is one of our favorite, most dependable hotel chains, but this particular location needs updating.

Pros: great government rate; large rooms; located near I-74, restaurants and shopping; free breakfast

Cons: decor needs to be updated

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank 4Bubbles
Andrew S, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Peoria Westlake, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to highlight our great rates, large suites, convenient location, and fantastic breakfast! You were absolutely correct that our decor needed updating and will be happy to hear that since your visit we have completely remodeled the property. I hope you get to experience the new SpringHill Suites!

Reviewed May 19, 2012

Overal this hotel is alright. When we arrived, I went with my 10 year old daughter and made a reservation for double rooms. Well, there was a high school sporting event that weekend and the front desk told me that my paperwork was wrong even though it clearly stated that it was a double bed. Her words, "well you are out of luck, its a single bed, is that fine?" Anyway when we got to the room, my daughter used the bathroom and the toliet flooded. Management came up and said nobody was on staff to help and heres a plunger. She noticed my frustation and gave us a room on top floor which was much bigger and no problems from there. The beds were just alright and the couches were very uncomfortable. Plus the hallways had very loud teenagers running the halls. Cant fault the hotel for this but the walls are real thin and we could hear every conversation. However our final room was clean. The breakfast is excellent, very high quality food. The swimming pool was a plus except for January the water was colder than it should be. The hotel is cental located and easy to access downtown. Getting to the hotel is a challenge because there is a curve in the road where you basically have to do a U turn everytime you enter the hotel.

Room Tip: Request a room on the top floor which are slightly bigger.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Nick R, Manager at SpringHill Suites Peoria Westlake, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2015

Dear Kim L,

I want to thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am disheartened to read of your time with us as it sounds as if it was far inferior to the great experiences our guests regularly share with us. I do have to say that this sounds like an unusual experience for our property and not the normal praise we typically hear in our reviews. We hope you choose to stay with us next time your travels bring you to Peoria.

Katie Pollard
Guest Experience Manager

Reviewed March 27, 2012

Overall was a great hotel to stay at. My wife checked in before me due to a Conference I had. She had no problems. The room was a Double Suite, so it had two double beds and a sleeper sofa, desk, chair, end tables, a nice size closet, also had a fridge and microwave. We had 5 people 2 Adults, 3 Teenagers. The room was ok in size, we only really needed it for sleeping, was gone most of the time. Was very close to a lot of shopping, like The Northwoods Mall (less then 2 blocks), and The Shoppes at Grand Prairie (less then 10 mins away for us). Was easy to get to the Civic Center and The Peoria Zoo also. We had a GPS unit and that helped us get around Peoria easier. The free breakfast saved us some money from having to eat out, was not fancy but worked and it was all you care to eat. Only had one issue the lady up front after 10 PM was alittle pissy when asked for towels in the pool area. But other then that was a great time.

Room Tip: Be aware that the room comes with feather pillows & poly fiber filled pillows. Also the free WI...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jack S
Reviewed March 24, 2012

This hotel is great for families. My kids loved the complimentary suckers at the front desk. The staff at the desk is very friendly and extremely helpful. I needed everything from a shuttle ride to a persons house in the area to a band aid for one of my kids. They never made you feel like you were putting them out.

Pool is nice and big. Very clean Kids loved it. Hot tub is nice as well.

The only complaint would be the Internet. I had to do a little work and the Internet kept dropping off. It was a little annoying.

When I am in the area, I would stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2012
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and for your positive feedback! We truly LOVE hearing from our guests and we take pride when you express your positive experiences! We look forward to serving you again, as we hope your travels bring you back to Peoria, IL.

Felicia Weese
Asst. General Manager

Reviewed March 5, 2012

I stay here quite often. The overall experience has been good so far. The hotel is nice and the staff is pretty friendly. There were a couple of problems but come on, that could happen even in the 5 star rating hotels too. Such things can be taken care of by calling them and asking them to fix but this hotel certainly is among the better ones in Peoria. The only problem that I have consistently faced is the slow Internet. I hope they fix it soon and move to a better internet bandwidth.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 24, 2012

Very friendly staff, reasonable rates, and restaurants in walking distance made this hotel the perfect place to stay for a couple of nights in January. The rooms are comfortable and well-designed, with the bed and bathroom separated from the sitting area by a half-wall. Although I did not use it, the pool was a nice touch. Breakfast was OK - nothing special - but complimentary coffee was available in the lobby. Short drive to downtown Peoria, Bradley University, and a myriad of shopping.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 2, 2012

We stayed here for Parent's weekend. Very comfy beds. Room was good; plenty of room. Poll and hot tub were fine. Would stay again

Room Tip: Getting to the hotel is a bit tricky.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family