“A good place to meet”

Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Peoria
Iowa City, Iowa
“A good place to meet”
Reviewed June 7, 2011

This property is highly sought after in Peoria with good reason. I've stayed here on two separate occasions and each time the hotel was completely booked with a variety of families, wedding parties and little league baseball teams. The service is top notch even while catering to the variety of (large) groups. Given all the comotion of children running around the property the rooms were remarkable quiet with only the most loudest of noise crossing over into the guestrooms.
All guestrooms are suites as indicated by the hotel. There is a separate sitting area as well as a separate sleeping area that is separated by a partial wall. The beds are a little firm but offer a restful night's sleep. Each room has an HDTV, coffeemaker, microwave, sink in the "kitchen area" and minifridge. The only disappointing feature are the bathrooms. These suites could improve their bathroom design overall by adding a little color or some accents. Overall I would describe the bathroom as sterile.
The two breakfast attendants make sure the breakfast area is fully stocked no matter what hour of the morning a guest may come to eat. This hotel offers quite a variety for breakfast that ranges from cold cereal, fruits, assorted pastries,sausage, eggs as well as a waffle bar. The two waffle irons are kept well lubricated so the waffle does not break apart as you take it off the iron. Even while maintaining the supply in the area the two attendants found the time to assist an elderly guest who used a walker with collecting her food. Please keep in mind at the time they were assisting this guest, several teams from a little league tournament were present eating and filling the rather large breakfast area to capacity.
A shuttle is available on the premises that will take guests anywhere within the Peoria metro area as well as some East Peoria locations. The wedding party made quite a bit of use out of the shuttle.
The pool was clean and well stocked with towels. The hot tub is just what the doctor ordered after a busy day. One downside is the door to access the pool area can get jammed in the door frame and take a bit of a push to open it.
Overall I would stay here again and would recommend it to anyone taking a trip to Peoria.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Hotelier0920, Manager at SpringHill Suites Peoria Westlake, responded to this review, June 8, 2011
Thank you so much for your review! We strive to provide outstanding service to our guests. And it is loyal guests, such as yourself, that make our jobs a pleasure each day. We look forward to serving you again in the future, as we hope your travels bring you back to Peoria, IL!

Felicia Weese
Asst. General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Tripoli, Libya
Reviewed November 17, 2010

this was booked by a business partner and it was more than what I expected the staff is more than helpfull but the noise of the A\C unit is unbearable add to that some wiered dripping noise from the room above my room, i stayed here for three nights. the location is amazing plenty of place where to eat a mall is acroos the street located near the high-way easy access. overall i would recommend it for business trips.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed October 29, 2010

My son was married October 23, 2010. Our guests stayed at SpringHill Suites, some for three days. The Sales Director, Chris, was outstanding to work with. She competenly and professionally took care of all our needs, from room assignments to shuttle transporation to and from the reception venue. We were also impressed by the friendliness and helpfulness of the hotel manager, Jeff, and each of the front desk representatives. All of the employees we came in contact with were the same. The rooms were clean and spacious. The location was perfect for us. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
illinois
Reviewed October 26, 2010

Stayed here two nights (weekend) on a trip to Peoria in early October. We thought it was a very good value and was certainly a hotel we'd recommend. It is not downtown - so, walking to locations in Peoria isn't an option. But, easy access to interstate and main roads and quick trips to pretty much anywhere in the area. Room was clean, very good sized (we had a standard room) and hotel was surprisingly quiet, even though we noticed several groups with kids (soccer teams) staying right down the hallway from us later. Breakfast is included - nothing spectacular, but convenient just the same. Didn't use the pool or other amenities, so no experience there.

Check in/out was quick and painless and desk staff was friendly. Given the size of rooms (suites), we can see that this would a popular place for big groups with lots of kids - so as several reviews suggest, we could see it possibly getting loud or very busy at times. But, as I say, there were plenty of people there the same time as we were and we only noticed them because we shared elevators.

We would certainly stay here again without any concern.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
hayward
Reviewed October 25, 2010

Nice hotel, great rooms. Not exactly easy to got to it though.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Portland, Maine
Reviewed October 4, 2010

My family came to Peoria for a funeral of a loved one. SpringHill Suites of Peoria was so welcoming and accommodating to our large group. The manager and staff made us all feel very at home and even let our family gather in the downstairs lobby after our funeral to eat, drink, watch videos of our loved one and reminisce. They even arranged a shuttle bus for us all to get to a local restaurant and back, safely. The rooms were clean, the beds were very very comfortable and our breakfast was wonderful. I could NOT have asked for a better place to stay. Very very impressed. Thanks especially to Julie, for putting up with all of us.

• Stayed September 2010
Chicago, IL
Reviewed September 15, 2010

I was told by business colleagues to choose another location. I called my corporate travel hub but wasn't able to cancel in time. I probably should have stayed somewhere else due to the safety risk, but decided to suck it up and stay anyway. This hotel is near a shopping mall. I chose it based on the location near the freeway. I checked in at 9 pm and was told that there was no better room, so I had to settle with a ground floor room near the elevator and the breakfast area. It was very noisy! That wasn't any big deal - I was so tired it didn't really matter. I chased 2 flies around my room until I finally successfully swatted them about 2 hours later, but was grossed out as this forced me to look at all the "ick" in the room. I put my shoes back on, got out my Lysol wipes and had a terrible night's sleep as a result of this (sometimes ignorance is bliss!). Not to mention, there were several people just mulling around the parking lot for no reason and the mall security had a visible presence... like that was supposed to be reassurring. My staff told me to avoid this hotel due to the "crack' hotel located near this property.... I should have listened! It wasn't horrible, but I was very disappointed in this Marriott property!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business