“Lovely!”

Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Peoria
indianapolis
“Lovely!”
Reviewed November 4, 2007

Lovely, clean and roomy. Comfortable pillows. Extremely friendly and helpful staff. Located right off I-74. Many restaurants and shops nearby. We ate dinner at a Mexican restaurant called Chevy's--a chain but excellent. Breakfast was nice--more than I usually expect at a hotel buffet, and the coffee was top notch. We paid full price for our rooms (2 rooms at $189 each) because it was a special events weekend (so no discounts), but felt that it was still a pretty good value.

Stayed November 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 9, 2007

Just to preface this . . . I have always like Amerisuites for some reason. It is good to know that they haven't changed that much since being acquired by Marriott. This hotel is no exception. Everything was in great working order, clean, and very nice. Price was about equivalent to the quality. Workout room and pool facilities were very nice. Breakfast was great. Large continental buffet. Coffee and juice selection excellent. Great hotel for basic business or need a quiet stop in the Peoria area. It is a very popular hotel for weddings (as they have a tie in with Weaver Ridge Country Club). On the Saturday night that we were there, the hotel was full - and I mean full - with wedding guests. Even in this respect, the hotel still was very quiet and we got a great night of sleep.

Stayed October 2007
Chicago
Reviewed June 14, 2007

I had to stay in town for business during June of 2007. I was expecting this place to be fairly nice considering the price. However, it was extremely dirty and very old. I probably was in junior high when this hotel was built early 90's to late 80's. The neighborhood which it is in is questionable. The rooms are dirty and smell like mold and smoke! I would never ever stay in this old smoky dirty hotel again. The best solution for this hotel would be to demolish it!

• Stayed June 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank pharmd01
Los Gatos, CA
Reviewed June 2, 2007

I grew up in Peoria, and I have my own big family now so when we come back to visit, we stay in a hotel, and this is the place we go.

It's always been great. We're fitness nuts and the workout room is the usual spartan selection of cardio machines but they have a free pass to a local gym about five minutes away by car. The breakfast in the morning is pretty good, not quite restaurant fare, but frankly much better than what we fix most mornings at home.
I definitely endorse it as a great family place.

• Liked — Clean rooms and the breakfast
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
urbana,illinois
Reviewed December 18, 2006

I've stayed here twice now and the hotel is nice. The breakfast is okay, same thing each day. The TV channels aren't the greatest, no local weather etc. I've stayed at both this hotel and the Residence Inn and would strongly suggest that one over the Springhill Suites.

• Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank lirpa
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 10, 2005

The Springhill Suites was a nice place to spend a couple of days. It's on the pricier side, but the amenities do make it worth while.

The room was very spacious, with a large bed, an arm chair, a small breakfast table with three chairs and a desk. The small kitchenette had a good sized fridge and a microwave.

The breakfast bar offered several options, from cereal to waffles to sausage to egg patties (good for an egg sandwich, if not on their own.)

The staff was friendly and more than willing to help out with questions about the area.

• Stayed October 2005
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 12, 2005

Great location, easy to find and what a beautiful facility! Hotel staff was very friendly and took care of everything we needed. Even local restaurant menu's. I can't say enough good things about the huge room! It was beautifully decorated and looked as if it were new. Not even one scratch on the wall. My daughter and I had a very nice stay here. She enjoyed the pool and I enjoyed the peace and quiet. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. The free continental breakfast was above and beyond even my highest expectations. Perfect in every way! The price was comparable to other local hotels but you get so much more at Springhill!!! Stay here and you will never want to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed March 2005