“what wasn't blah was overly salty”

Famous Dave's Barbeque
Ranked #78 of 406 Restaurants in Peoria
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Brisket was far too salty, also fatty. Pull pork not much better. Beans and mashed potatoes average. Service was friendly, but that wasn't enough to counter the poorly prepared food.

There are newer reviews for Famous Dave's Barbeque

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I ordered food for a business meeting on friday evening and it was the worst food I have ever seen come from a resturant. I ordered the famous fest for two and it wasnt even edible. The ribs and brisket were tougher than beef jerky the chicken wasnt cooked enough was still bloody and raw in some spots. I also ordered a chopped pork sandwich meal the sandwich was dry even with extra sauce on it. My BBQ chicken meal was bad too chicken was raw and mashed potaoes were cold, even the extra dozen corn bread muffins were burnt. Needless to say I had to call in another order some where else to feed my associates. So a meal that costed me almost $80 at Famous Daves I ended up spending a hundred more at another Resturant in town. I have worked in the resturant industry for 18 years and know what its like to be busy but when I showed up to get my food they weren't to busy to make sure my order was done right and fresh.

1  Thank Dirk A
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Not enough room in the parking lot or even the neighboring parking lot. I had to walk from two businesses down. We had 10 people and waited 30-40 minutes. The food was worth it though. We had a variety of items and all were good. The server could have been more helpful. She set a glass down on the table partition which caused it to spill water on the table. It didn't look like it was going to run off the edges so she never bothered to clean it up. Well I sat at the junction of the two tables on the other side and sure enough after awhile the water started to run off on my jeans. I then used the paper towels from the table to clean up myself. Not enough to ruin the good food experiance but a downer to what was otherwise great food and a good time.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Food is great and the people that work there are super friendly. i always enjoy my visits there. The brisket is my favorite, but everything I've tried is good. I especially like the corn muffins. Best I've had.

1  Thank Robbie S
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Since we ate our first Famous Dave's barbeque in Hayward Wisconsin, we were delighted to have one in Peoria. When the kids come home that is the first place they want to go for dinner. Everything is great.